X

undertail makers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• undertail makers

i have seen a couple undertails for the 02 katana and i seen one with leds in it, i was wondering who makes this one? i have talked to artfibras on his and it does not have this mod...just setting the record straight on who the makers are on these ..there seems to be no clear answer from all the posts i have searched thanxs

no one knows? i thought of all places some one here would know..

Comment

post a pic and i might know the answer
      with every gain there must be a lost

Comment

Some of those are made by members. I think it was Jason05 that drilled 5 holes on either side of this taillight and put in LEDs for the turn signal. Here is a place that makes them. You can always feel free to experiment. That's the joy of modding, creating something that is completely your own.
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

I think there is a guy from Brazil that makes a quality piece.
          2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
          2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
          1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
          1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
          1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

They are sometimes on ebay.com other than that I know nothing.

Comment

Artfibras is one of the guys on ebay. Occasionally, you'll find the ones from bikepartsforyou.
              -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

that is the exact undertail at bikeparts i was looking for thanxs

Comment

That's a lot of cash....~3 times the price of a painted Artfibras undertail if I'm not mistaken; almost 4 times the price if you have an '03+.
                  FrankenKat 1216
                  GS Fiter 816
                  GSXR750! (race)

Comment

But...I remember a post from BraadaJim about how the quality wasn't the greatest, no hardware, and no instructions. Also, artfibras does his in batches. You have to wait for a batch to be made in order to buy one. bikepartsforyou has them in stock. Finally, if you get the undertail the same way as artfibras, it's only $145, which is only $45 more before shipping. The $220 for the 98-03 also includes the plate bracket and LED turn signals. Now, for the 03, artfibras doesn't even make something like that, with the taillight and all.
                    -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
                      But...I remember a post from BraadaJim about how the quality wasn't the greatest, no hardware, and no instructions. Also, artfibras does his in batches. You have to wait for a batch to be made in order to buy one. bikepartsforyou has them in stock. Finally, if you get the undertail the same way as artfibras, it's only $145, which is only $45 more before shipping. The $220 for the 98-03 also includes the plate bracket and LED turn signals. Now, for the 03, artfibras doesn't even make something like that, with the taillight and all.
                      Quality seems fine to me - no offense to Jim's word or anything, but it's tough to compare fiberglass to ABS....ABS really would have been my choice for a hugger or undertail, but there's very few around...

When I ordered my stuff from Artfibras, there was no wait aside from shipping.... I sent him cash, he sent the goodies. Artfibras' stuff came with mounting hardware, license plate bracket, instructions, etc., and everything was already painted in an EXACT match of my model year's factory color. IMO, the only downside to the Artfibras peice is that it needs to be a little thicker, especially seeing as how there's only 3 mounting points - I had to mount my hugger up off the tire quite a bit, to prevent it from being able to make contact with anything.

I guess the big deal for me was the '03 taillight - the BikeParts undertail has some REALLY fugly taillight action (and I already had the CA integrated LED board/smoke lense), and I couldn't bring myself to buy something so gawdy, especially with the huge price tag. I wish they'd just make the undertray for the '03 - complete with that little lip for the tire, and LED integrated signals as on the '98+ model.....That would look awesome on the '03+!

If worst comes to worst, I might buy a Bikeparts undertail at the end of the year, and simply hack off the section for the taillight....Then I could run my integrated LED setup. I'd also drill it for LED signals underneath, 'cause I think that would look wicked...However, for now the (much) cheaper Artfibras peice will do!
                      FrankenKat 1216
                      GS Fiter 816
                      GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Working...
                      X