No announcement yet.
X

Light-up Translucent frame sliders?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa...just saw the price and hit the brakes. I'll just stick with my Spedee Specials that I 'chromed'

I can't help but think we motorcyclists get raped as a rule when it comes to parts and mods. I'll bet those cost $20 at the most to make.
    Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

hey beek, hows did u put your sliders on? did u use the method that lou mentioned?
      Hello World.

Comment

Originally posted by irenekat
        hey beek, hows did u put your sliders on? did u use the method that lou mentioned?
        I'm on the 'drilling holes is ok' side. I drilled holes slightly larger than the 3/8" cap screw, and used washers to help spread the squeezing forces. The box steel frame is very rigid by design and the holes are located close to the cross frame member which will help spread the axial forces to the the other side of the frame. I've dropped it at a standstill with the full weight of the bike on concrete without a drop of damage...and then proceeded to give my slider a blowjob since I was so grateful.
        I like to compare having sliders to wearing steel toed boots....they save you from the more numerous foot injuries but won't prevent you from breaking your ankle.
        Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

I would imagine they're probably less than 20.00 to make..just by the looks of them...but yeah, anything goes when it comes to getting our wallets raped these days..

Comment

Found a website that is selling them for only $99 bucks! Act quick!

Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Won't fit the Kat ?? WTF!!

Comment

We can make'em fit!
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

lighting sliders

just out of interest, has anyone managed to get these on their bike without drilling the frame/??????

is it possible.

can it be made possible....

and yes bling is good.....LIKE BLING! MORE ADD-ONS!!!!!
                  New into biking, great first bike, looking for any mods! Looking to ride with other teapots in England. Looking to travel us on my teapot in the summer

Comment

I'm looking at these to complement the new brackets we have going on in the parts forum (braustien)

I've been searching for 2 pieces of info: How long are these, and same length, and which kit for an existing bike would fit (ie, GSX-R 600).. notice that different bikes have diferent prices, so it would be best to pick the cheapest package that will fit our bikes..

Comment

DONT DRILL AND MOUNT!!! unless you just want them for looks, and not functionality. if they take a hard impact, it will tweak the frame outta wack. drilling the frame isnt bad.... but that section of the frame taking an impact is! plastic/paint is cheaper than a frame!

Comment

Working...
                      X