X

Retrofitting??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrofitting??

Not sure of the best place to post this, but basically I can get my hand on cheap parts from a 94(?) 750 katana including clean fairings and complete V+H exhaust. I have a 2001 with pretty beat up plastics and bone stock everything. Question is, anything easily/cheaply retrofitted or swappable onto my 01'? I know, with enough $$ anything can be done, but I'm just wondering how much is different since this is my first Kat and its still basically new to me... thanks in advance!

Nope Not even close. Totally different bike. The only thing they share is the motor.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Same motor, so does the exhaust line up or "even close? Maybe cut and weld as a "slip-on" only? Thanks for the info. Gotta be honest, I wish I had found an older bike; whether Katana or CBR, or even vfr, I'm not a fan of much of the newer stuff and certainly not the body style kat I have.... maybe it'll grow on me... maybe I'll leave all the plastics off and won't even give it a chance, who knows? Lol

Comment

You're in luck. The Kat was already old when it was new.

The look of the post Kats grew on me and in the end, I probably prefer it to the pre. It's a much simpler bike to maintain than a VFR. You might be surprised how some straight and painted fairings, tinted screen and clear indicators transform the appearance. But then, if you really prefer the retro, naked or semi naked look, a post Kat isn't going to do it for you. (Most consider them butt-ugly naked or fightered.)

Comment

FUGLY fits...
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I've always wondered what was meant by pre-kat and post-kat, but now I think I get it. Does pre-kat mean the GSX E models that had no fairings and post-kat mean the 88 and later GSX F and on models that have fairings?
            2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Deuce
            2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
            1995 Kawasaki GPz1100
            1988 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana
            1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Pre are 1988 - 1997, then the style changed for the post 1998 - 2006.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Pre. PRE 1998
                Post. Post 1998.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                  FUGLY fits...

Comment