Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

More gauge experimentation...(evil laugh)...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More gauge experimentation...(evil laugh)...

So now that I did the fuel gauge I put it in....though one issue I have with it is that it's bright at night...(ok so that rhymed)...the white face is cool but the light it allows to come through with the standard light is a bit much..so I decided to experiment...that's what all us evil geniuses do ..with LED lights...not only LED's but UV LED's...So with this said I ordered some off of the evil genius supply store (ok ebay) ...and now I'm waiting for them...

Last night I got bored...not a good thing for me...So I decided to do the white face on a tach that I bought off of the other evil genius site...ok I bought it from Katrider member redex04...but with a twist ..I painted the inside of the tach black...then layered a coat of UV reactive paint...finished it off with 2 coats of clear coat...then painted the needle flourescent Orange...not sure if I like the needle but too late I already did it...hopefully I'll get the effect I want...and that is some light but not so overpowering as it is now...I will post pics when I get them downloaded...and put together...plus I first have to see how it looks...If it looks like crap don't expect a followup.......

Oh before I get this I will put it up myself...

Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

i'll go ahead and do it again...

Long Live the D

Comment

Intriguing .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

So I installed the tach with the UV LED...not exactly the effect I wanted so I'm back to the drawing board but I have a few ideas....Here are some pics:

This is the Fuel Gauge with the with dark garage and lights off...see what I mean a bit distracting....

Tach installed:

UV effect:

It's a bit brighter but not much...now to get the effect I want I plan on opening up the gauge again..and installing 3mm uv lights around the rim...I think it will give me the clearance I'm looking for with the 3mm ones...I think 4 will do (in positions 12, 3, 6 9 O'clock) I may be able to get away with 2 but I think 4 will get the job done...what do you guys think?
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084

Comment

can you even read the instruments cause from the pics I sure can't
          Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
          fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
          fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
          girls = yammah
          yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

I didn't have the camera on a tripod so taking pics in the dark was a bit hard but I'm going to try to get a better night photo...You can read the gauges though...the tach is harder to read because there is more in there than the fuel gauge that blocks the light...

Comment

so did you paint the gauge faces white yourself? i must have missed that part...
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Where did these white face gauges come from??

Comment

Working...
                X