X

Front fender mounting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front fender mounting?

Its been a year since I took this off and now I cant for the life of me figure out how it went back on.
    I took a couple pictures of the fender and bracket thing that I dont know what bolts to it.
    I also took a picture of the front forks.
    And I right in assuming that the whole thing is held on by two bolts?

Fender mounts on the fork brace, the fork brace mounts to fork tube. Much easier to reassemble with the wheel off. Install the fork brace then install the fender.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 10-09-2014, 04:58 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Im just not seeing what that little metal bracket does. If that goes in the inside of the fender then does something else go on top that I dont have in my picture?
      There are only those two holes on the forks so im unsure what you are describing.
      Can you snap a picture of your fender, that would be most helpful.
      FYI This is on a 03' 600.

Comment

The plate sits on those two tabs on the fork tubes joining them together, the fender mounts under the plate. That's why the plate is painted.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Looks like u got a post tomorrow if u still havnt figured it out ill put some pictures of mine up for u I was wondering how to get it off haha
          I just wanna ride my bike
          2001 katana 600

Comment

It just sounds like im missing a piece...
            Please take a picture for me on a POST and it will make my day.

Comment

Those fork lowers look nothing like mine......you sure they are from a post?

EDIT: Looking at it again, the fork brace is different too. Looks like the fender bolts onto the fork lowers from the side, not sure what that "brace" is going to do other than stiffen up the fender, it can't connect to the forks at all
              Last edited by ernie; 10-10-2014, 04:18 AM.

Comment

I agree. The forks don't look correct for the post bikes

Comment

Im not sure guys, im just trying to figure out what the owner before me was thinking.
                  I took this stuff off about a year ago when I bought the bike.
                  Looking at the service manual yes I can agree my forks dont look like the ones in the picture.

Now the question is, what sort of forks do I have...

Also I guess my fender is just going on with two bolts on the side for now then.
                  EDIT: Yea its an 03' so its a Post but the PO was apparently Frankenstein. Even the fairing bolts were all just about different shapes and sizes.
                  I dont know how someone could mess something up so bad...
                  Last edited by Kat Floyd; 10-10-2014, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Didn't notice that, the tube are not going to work with that setup, there isn't really a work around either.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

that looks pretty similair to my pre. If thats the case, the flat metal bracket goes on top, the bolts to it screw into it upside down from under the fender, then obviously, the sides bolt to the forks. Its a Real pain in the dick trying to do it with the tire on. I ended up using a ratchet bit with every damn extension in the garage to get up there and unscrew the plate. Like i said, they look pretty similiar but I got a pre 600.

Sorry for the crappy quiality, its one of the only ones i have where you can see the top plate.
                      Last edited by maniac1886; 10-10-2014, 01:01 PM.
                      My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Ill take some more pictures tonight so we can figure out what this fork is!

Comment

His brace tabs are one the sides of the tubes, not the top. Definitely not pre fork tubes

Aaah, I see now, the fender can mount to the fork tube, there are holes in sides of the fender. the plate just mounts to the top of the fender, paint it as you wish. Secure the fender at the tabs with bolt, nut and washer.
                          Last edited by 92xjunker; 10-10-2014, 05:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

Give me 2 seconds ill get a pic

this is the best I coud get I forgot and its dark outside tomorrow I can throw it on the cwntwr stand and get some better pics

Looks like the fender slides under the for bridge and the plate goes on top of it and screws on there
                            Last edited by Jar3d200; 10-10-2014, 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            I just wanna ride my bike
                            2001 katana 600

Comment

His isn't like that. Look at the pics, no place to mount the plate, the plate only has 4 holes not 8. The fender just slides in and is attached at the tabs from the side, the plate mounts to the fender only.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X