X

1997 katana 600 fairings in need!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 katana 600 fairings in need!!

I recently layed down my flawless 97 katana and now im at the point where do i buy all new plastics?? or repair on the the one right side upper fairing that is cracked?well now that ive peeled off all stickers from all fairings thinking i was going to just repaint all plastics and fix broken one and order sticker kit.. well did all of that and it just looks like "shit" not as planned i dont know what to do its the 97 deep pearl blue color and this is just turning into a headache if antone has both upper farings id be happy because the back two i can live with with the stickers i ordered and put on but the front just is not working out and every aftermarket place ive seen for a complete faring kit is 500$ i think i seen one for 360$ but it was for 98 not 97.. any and all advice would be appreciated greatly i bought this bike in june rode it 5 times and its been in pieces ever since can anyone help me????

Pre fairing are no longer made, post fairings will not fit 98-06. Your best bet is EBay the panels. Repairing them isn't difficult, just time consuming to do correctly. Bondo or fiberglass isn't a good option, ABS cement works.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 07-07-2014, 07:27 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

+1 on ABS cement.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Between abs cement and a good quality plastic welder you can fix anything. I originally got the cheap plastic welder that looked like a soldering iron with a flat head and I had some bonding issues. I spent about $40 more and got a hot air one and wow it works. Goes much faster as well.

Comment

Working...
        X