X

Seat not fitting right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat not fitting right

Hey, I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem where the seat seems not to fit flush against the tank anymore? and if so does anyone know how to fix it? or will I need a new seat?
    Attached Files
    "Riding is just a cutsie video game until the Earth punches you in the face." - Bumblebee

What is fun but the simple diversion from one's own mortality? Otto Die Grouchen

You put the seats on wrong.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I don't think I follow... the seat goes plastic lip on seat under metal tongue on Kat then latches correct? or are we saying that both front and rear seat are off?
      "Riding is just a cutsie video game until the Earth punches you in the face." - Bumblebee

What is fun but the simple diversion from one's own mortality? Otto Die Grouchen

Comment

The seat looks right ... But probably an issue of years of heat related shrinkage to the cover itself pulling back from it's original form ~
        FYI .. Both look affected in conformity.
        Would not worry about it, enjoy the ride!

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

If the tank bracket is bent slightly, it will cause a large gap. It could also be the seat pan as mentioned.

If it's the seat pan, pushing down on the seat would make it sit flush. If that doesn't work, then look at the bracket the tank bolts to, or how the tank is mounted to that bracket.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for all of the replies and from the info gathered it seems to be both the seat pan and the the bracket that the tank bolts into, now all I have left to figure out is why my new CCT is causing an even louder noise than the old one I think It may be too tight? go figure, well again thanks to all

Comment

Working...
            X