X

Tweaked plastic, Thats me...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweaked plastic, Thats me...

Rear ended a lady tonight at a low speed, everything seems to be riding correctly. my fairing is tweaked where it meets the dash. The hex bolt on top seems really tight and off a little, but any thoughts on how to fix it maybe and line it back up. 2 pictures. The first one is how it should look, 2nd one is how it looks now.
    Attached Files
    99 Katana 600

Well Mencer, I am glad you are ok - and the bike should be fixable.

But, how on earth did you manage to rear-end a car? I mean, come on, the only thing that keeps us on bikes alive is observing.

Comment

Probably the wooden blocks for brake pads, these things are awful. Gład your ok though man!

Comment

So here's the situation with how i ended up rear ending her. We were driving, and I felt I was at a safe distance, light was green coming up to it, and yellow. Lady brakes suddenly, I brake, back tire skids a little, i let up a little. She ends up stopping half a car over the white line, and i keep slowing and hit her. I didn't want to go right into the other lane cause cars were coming, so i hit her bumper a little. The adjuster on my front brake is missing, and I have one coming and should be here this weekend. If I had that I probably would have stopped sooner. My front brakes work, they're just not 100%. SO thats kind of the story. I really thought she was going through the yellow light as most people do when it just turns yellow, and it looked like she was going to, but she braked hard and fast.
        99 Katana 600

Comment

First off, I think your bike is gorgeous. I really dig white Kats. But talking about rear ending a lady is just a little too personal.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

HAHA, thank you. I have some plasti dip work to do on it now, to get it back to how my profile pic is. I am thinking I may try something different, but I am not sure what yet.
            99 Katana 600

Comment

I think i figured it out. sucks though. may need to use some JB weld on some of the fairing
              99 Katana 600

Comment

Baa, acetone and Legos, works well.
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Or ABS cement
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

so after taking my fairing off i see i really need a headlight/fairing stay support... Headlight is a little wobbly, support snapped. Maybe just need a little weld or something in there too
                    99 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                    X