X

Being curious, ex500 screen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being curious, ex500 screen

Im experimenting with screens on my kat, noticed alot of people having ex500 screens.
    Out of curiosity, is it any better in wind protection and in what way?
    it sure looks better but does it protect

a have extended mine with small piece of plexiglass, at first it was just ugly, but then i realised its ugly and pointless, it just swirls up wind and makes even worse than oem screen.

here take a look.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

I think a lot of the issues you have with your experiment is due to the extra piece being outside and not sealing against the OEM windscreen.

That's a lot of space for the air to push through and cause all kinds of havoc. If it was behind or better sealed, you would most likely see better results.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

tnx Krey, but i gave up on this one, dont like two piece stuff. gonna make something 1 piece.
      plan is ninja 500 screen but it will be on higher angle, bit longer and upwardier (if thats a word )
      this way it wont look like something pressed it from above, looks like cat is going under something, if you know what i mean
      sigpic

Comment

FJCharlie, the laminar lip (type) addon does work.

I've done something similar on my bike and I can comfortably ride up to 80-100km/h with my helmet visor up.
        2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
        2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
        1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
        1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
        1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

maybe i did mine wrong (not really a maybe i did it wrong), but this is definitely unrideable, all sides give me a wind blast over 60kmh. i removed it today, and i can just say WAY BETTER without this laminar lip.

so anyone with ex500 ninja 500 screen to say something about wind protection?
          sigpic

Comment

I have had the EX500 screen on mine for a number of years now. Wind protection is minimal to be quite honest. When I rode from NW Ohio to Deal's Gap a few years back I was wishing for the OE size one after a couple hundred miles of being buffeted right in the chest. In a tuck wasn't bad, but sitting upright got uncomfortable. I don't do super long rides like that much, so it's really a non issue otherwise for me. I just really prefer the looks over the stock sized ones.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

what year screen are you guys using?

Comment

Originally posted by c-rod90 View Post
                what year screen are you guys using?
                id say 1998 and younger EX500. before that was a bit different screen.
                sigpic

Comment

im running the ex500 screen
                  I should also not I use an Icon variant helmet
                  for my I love it I had a lot of buffeting and head shake with the oem screen deflecting the wind onto my helmet. With the lower sleeker screen wind now hits much lower in the chest instead of the head and it much more comfortable, while still tall enough to tuck under and have no wind at all.
                  I rode from Ontario Canada this spring to NC, TN and georgia and everywhere in between. 6000km and would never go back to the ugly stock screen

98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                  X