The start of my plasti dip project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it.

Comment

thanks. I'm waiting to put that lower fairing on till i change my oil. just waiting on my filter.
      99 Katana 600

Comment

That is much better. Looks good.
        -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
        sigpic

Comment

Damn that looks sexy. I'm still working on finishing my black/green. I would love to do this white but it does stain easily! I did some white on my front nose fairing and above the headlamp, and its now all stained with blood from bugs and won't come off. I tried using a car washing sprayer to get it off but started to peal by getting to close

(you can use a sprayer washer but don't put it closer than a foot or it will start to peal it)
          - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

I liked the black tank, because it flowed with the seat, but the white tank with stripe also looks really good! I can't decide which I like better now.
            First motorcycle - new project
            1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

Originally posted by rottenpixies View Post
              Damn that looks sexy. I'm still working on finishing my black/green. I would love to do this white but it does stain easily! I did some white on my front nose fairing and above the headlamp, and its now all stained with blood from bugs and won't come off. I tried using a car washing sprayer to get it off but started to peal by getting to close

(you can use a sprayer washer but don't put it closer than a foot or it will start to peal it)
              Dipyourcar.com has some cleaners. I've seen most people use foam cannons with a citrus cleaner, and it gets the bugs off.

Also, Thanks Everyone. The Oil filter came in today, so I will get the lower fairing on, and snap another pic asap. I think my helmet may be the next plasti dip project.
              99 Katana 600

Comment

How is the tank holding up? On my post kat my seat seems to rise up a little bit, than when I sit on it it kind of rest down onto the bottom of the tank. Was concerned with that spot being rubbed a lot and wearing. Already have a ton of glossifier, blaze green, black and white to finish my bike, as you can see from avatar I still have the blue tank
                - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

my problem areas were right above were the seat met the tank. I put a lot of coats on there after it peeled again, then the other problems were under the seat on the fairings where you can't see. The good part about those problem areas are a little paint thinner, and a couple new coats and it's covered up.
                  99 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by JSMencer View Post
                    my problem areas were right above were the seat met the tank. I put a lot of coats on there after it peeled again, then the other problems were under the seat on the fairings where you can't see. The good part about those problem areas are a little paint thinner, and a couple new coats and it's covered up.

How do you uses paint thinner to touch it up?
                    - Josh

Comment

put some on a microfiber cloth rub the area where it was coming up and around the edge of the peel, you'll see it smooth out, then spray over it again.
                      99 Katana 600

Comment

oil is changed lower fairing is on, pictures to come tomorrow morning.
                        99 Katana 600

Comment

Here it is with the lower fairing.. I think I am done for now.
                          Attached Files
                          99 Katana 600

Comment

Also this was taken right before my daughter decided to draw on it with chalk.
                            99 Katana 600

Comment

Thats actually looking kind of nice!

Comment

Stumpy Thanks, Now I have to fix it, cause I got gas on it. I thought my petcock was on so I had a reserve, but apparently it wasn't, and I haven't touched it since the PO. My wife brought me some gas but the spout was jacked up so I had some drip down the side. SO, spend 12$ to fix it, or try to give it a real paint job?
                                99 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                                X