X

What seat is this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What seat is this?

On the 95 600 I just picked up last night was this seat, badly in need of a recovering. Not sure if this is a factory job with a newer cover to match the paint or if its something like a Corbin/Sargent from way back. No markings on the pan, pan is white nylon (?) or plastic of some kind. My only hint is the small tab on the seat. Looks like it used to be black with white writing, topside unreadable, bottom side as shown (Made in USA).

Don't really want to tear it apart to see how its made (which might tell me if its factory or a custom) till I'm ready to get it redone (a local guy does a nice job of it) so wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Attached Files

Originally posted by skjeflo View Post
    On the 95 600 I just picked up last night was this seat, badly in need of a recovering. Not sure if this is a factory job with a newer cover to match the paint or if its something like a Corbin/Sargent from way back. No markings on the pan, pan is white nylon (?) or plastic of some kind. My only hint is the small tab on the seat. Looks like it used to be black with white writing, topside unreadable, bottom side as shown (Made in USA).

Don't really want to tear it apart to see how its made (which might tell me if its factory or a custom) till I'm ready to get it redone (a local guy does a nice job of it) so wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mark
    It's an after market cover, with the OEM foam and pan... most likely.

Reasons...

The cover is obviously visually not OEM.

The shape of the seat IS exactly OEM. (highly unlikely someone replaced that just to give the exact same shape when it's not a very good shape for comfort to start with. )

The aftermarket pans are normally metal/fiberglass for ease of forming and materials. Generally speaking, I've only seen OEM pans that were of the formed nylon type material you see.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

It sort of looks to me like it might be a sargant recover, or maybe a corbin. Neither of them offered replacement options for the pre-kat, you had to send a seat to be recovered.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Actually, looks like perhaps a "Second Look" seat cover.

The tag is in the same spot...

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          Actually, looks like perhaps a "Second Look" seat cover.

The tag is in the same spot...
          y

I think we have a winner! A little more digging and I came up with what I think it looked like to start with.

Cheap enough to make me consider it but I'll probably let the local guy have a go at improving the comfort with new/better foam and a custom cover.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X