X

Windscreen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen

Being new to Kats, I went to look for a new windscreen for mine, the previous owner felt it necessary to literally paint it black with a paintbrush. After looking around I had thought the Zero Gravity double bubble would be a good choice, but when I went to look for ones that fit my 06 I only found a couple dealers out of the UK, anyone know of anywhere that I could get one or an equivelant one?

Check bikebandit.com

Comment

Unfortunatly things are starting to go out of production for the Kats. eBay is a good choice.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

let me know if you get the double bubble. Im a taller rider so the current screen I have directs all the wind straight to my neck. Not sure of the brand as the PO put it on. I've read that you can install a Kawasaki screen on the kat with very little modifications.
        New Carbs and new tires makes it hard to take it easy on the throttle....

Comment

I went with the zero gravity touring screen, works wonders out on the highway. Even when my father jumps on it, 6ft. 4, he says he can tuck up under it with ease. Hope that helps!

Comment

Any idea what that does to fuel economy? I wondered if it would decrease economy because its displacing more air, or if its a wash because otherwise your body would deflect the air anyways, or if it actually improves economy because of a better aerodynamic bubble shape?

Comment

I can't say anything as to actual numbers, but I couldnt see it causing a noticeable change.

Comment

I'm sure I read somewhere about it causing instability and serious tyre wear issues! Can anyone here comment on this?

Comment

I dont really see how a couple inches of windscreen could have any effect on either of those.

Comment

Originally posted by kayakkermit View Post
                    Any idea what that does to fuel economy? I wondered if it would decrease economy because its displacing more air, or if its a wash because otherwise your body would deflect the air anyways, or if it actually improves economy because of a better aerodynamic bubble shape?
                    Originally posted by Stefano Il Postino View Post
                    I'm sure I read somewhere about it causing instability and serious tyre wear issues! Can anyone here comment on this?

I'm sure if there was a long intensive study someone could point out that in the controlled variances they do have a fractional effect.

In the real world though... you not going to see/notice any differences in any of that. Rider variances alone of more/less gear, tank bags, tail bags, touring gear, passengers... just doesn't make it so that one thing stands out as "OMG don't do that! "

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by SawDawg View Post
                      I dont really see how a couple inches of windscreen could have any effect on either of those.

you would be really surprised.

Ive had to cut dozens of cruiser shields 1-2 inches at a time to correct bad handling and head shake etc etc.
                      it can greatly affect speeds and aerodynamics and both will affect the bikes handling.

I noticed an improvment just going to a lower wider windscreen on my 98 and have cut many Pre windscreens down and owner agree taller does not mean better.

their is a reason race bikes use tiny windscreens and not tall ones to get wind over the rider.
                      98 GSX750F
                      95 Honda VT600 vlx
                      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I was just speaking to "normal riding", some in town, little highway and a little bit of country roads. Of course in a racing view point I could see how it could, and does.

Comment

Working...
                        X