X

What year mirrors fit an 89 Kat 750?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year mirrors fit an 89 Kat 750?

I'm having trouble finding mirrors for my 89 Kat 750. What other year/size models will fit mine?

Thanks!
    My Bikes/Current: 1989 Suzuki Katana 750, 1980 Honda CB900C, 1973 Suzuki TS100, 2007 Yamaha Vino. Former: 1981 Honda CB650, 1982 Yamaha XJ550 Maxim, 2001 Yamaha V-Star, 1980 Yamaha 400, 19?? Suzuki Madura, 1974 Triumph T140E.

On my old katana I put the Post katana mirrors on. IMO, look a lot better then the the stock ones.

Kind of see them here:

Comment

I have a 90 1100 and I just put mirrors of a 03 750 on mine. You can also find aftermarkets with adjustable bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by pedal_damn_it View Post
        On my old katana I put the Post katana mirrors on. IMO, look a lot better then the the stock ones.

How is visibility to back? Any wider than OEM? My OEM's are too narrow, so I cannot see straight behind me, I have to move my arms + my other mirrors shakes a lot.
        Suzuki GSX 750 F -94
        - Custom turbo build
        - On going forever project...
        +Suzuki SV1000S -03 for road
        +Suzuki GSX-R 600 k6 for track

Comment

if I remember correctly, I did need to move my elbow to get a clear view back.

Comment

How about installing, did it fit straight to the bike, in other words, is the distance between holes on the post mirrors same as pre mirrors?
            Suzuki GSX 750 F -94
            - Custom turbo build

Comment

Could somebody measure their mirror mounting holes distance on post, so I would know if post mirrors fit straight to pre?
              Suzuki GSX 750 F -94
              - Custom turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by IhmeJanneFIN View Post
                Could somebody measure their mirror mounting holes distance on post, so I would know if post mirrors fit straight to pre?
                They are not.

In addition, they also mount differently in aspect to the rider. If you put the OEM post mirrors on a pre in the OEM Pre mounting point, then the fold up option on the mirrors work counter to their design (they don't fold the right direction if dropped and would break).

After market mirrors may have variable bolt mounting, and multi directional fold setup so that they work.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks Kreylyn. Guess I have to keep looking.
                  Suzuki GSX 750 F -94
                  - Custom turbo build

Comment

Working...
                  X