X

subframe mounting plate thinkness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subframe mounting plate thinkness

I am struggling between picking 1/4 inch steel plate or 3/8 or half inch steel plate to mount my subframe to the katana frame. The new plate brakets will be coming off somewhere between the new frame (part) and the stock katana frame. I know half inch steel plate is over kill. I just want to make sure that the mounting points are secure. What would you pick and why? Thanks for your options. Will not be riding two up that much The subframe is coming off a SV. and there will be a 3 inch gap between the subframe and the frame. That is were the plate will be.

Patrick

Last edited by whitemax; 04-01-2013, 08:07 AM.

Depends on the shape of the mounting points...

Consider... the engine and shock mounting points on the frame thickness vs the bends in them to make them stronger and less likely to bend or deform. Thicker if you want just flat pieces.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

okay thanks Krey

Comment

Working...
      X