X

Polished covers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polished covers

Has anyone polished the starter & Clurch covers? I mean not chromed ...Polished...If so show pictures please>.....

if you do a "fair" job of it, expect it to look at least like this. if you do a really good job of it, expect it to look even better.
    It is a pic i snagged off ebay just in case no one else has one to show you.

[img][/img]
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

So they can be polished...Are they made of aluminun? or Aloy? Do you know?

Comment

THey are made of aluminum. If you are proficient at polishing they will come out nice.
        Ron
        MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

But think about what you are going to do to clear them. I can't think of a High Temp clear that would work on those covers. Polishing them is going to take a lot of up-keep to keep them looking good compared to chroming.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

If you want maintenance free polished metal then get them powdercoated clear after you are done. This is what I am doing to some of the parts on mine and they look great!
            Ron
            MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Do you have any pictures to share? about how much does it cost to have it power coat in clear?

Comment

I have been waiting until I get a decent day to take some pics, but here is a sample.......

I did discover one small issue when putting the clamps back on....... When I torqued the clip ons back on, I got a few stress cracks in the clear coat. That is the only issue I would be concerned with if it's a piece that has to be torque for retention........

The clip ons are polished along with the raised portion of the top clamp while the rest of the top clamp is black chrome. The clamp is cleared completely overall.

Ron
                MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
                  If you want maintenance free polished metal then get them powdercoated clear after you are done. This is what I am doing to some of the parts on mine and they look great!
                  Hey!!! Thats a good idea!!! I never thought of that!

Maybe I should get to polishing. Would be a lot cheaper than chrome.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                  X