No announcement yet.
X

paint?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are going need one setup for that, a ready made shock for and extended swingarm doesn't really exist, you should use the search and see what others have used.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

If it's all show, then just get a solid strut made to replace the shock. That way since it will sit 99% of the time, you can have it sitting low. The amount of spring rate that'll need to support the weight of rider taking into account the length of the arm(lever), it'll looked pretty jacked up sitting still.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I get the feeling he's going to ride it at some point.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

no i bought a nother kat its a 97 600 for some reason the 600s r easy to buy this bike has been laid down twice he said which i can tell the plastics r trashed (which i really dont care not going to use them) but from what ive looked at so far its all r6 shocks but this is not going to stop me if you can think it you can build it o and teddy thanks for that idea if i dont think of a way to put a good shock ill keep your idea in my head
          think yall can catch me now

Comment

Not true, a R6, B12, ZX14, a modified GSX750F and others will fit, They all need something done for your requirments.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

ok guys so now i got a new a shock ordered its a b12 the guy i bought it from is giving me all the mods he did for his 94 kat but my question is will it be a good shock? never got to ask if its longer than the oem shock on my 95 kat?

Comment

It will raise to rear a couple inches, thats why i used the R6 shock- lower by 3/4"
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

It's not as adjustable as I want it to be, but its a good 2up shock for taller riders like myself... I like it.
                  Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                  Tony
                  94 Katana 600

Comment

well i still havent gotten my shock yet so i just threw on the old one for now still need to do some more welding i just need to move the bike outside so i can put my new craftmans tool box and aircompresser that my uncle gave me
                    Attached Files

Comment

I like that green
                      Extra life.

Comment

what else do you have planned for this?

I mean as a show piece of your work I see some cut outs on front fender, slapped on prefabbed extended swing arm, and rattle canned the frame. What are you going to do to showcase your skills?
                        I am a Penn State fanatic.
                        Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

not ratteled canned i sprayed it myself i built the tank took look like the stock one (still rough) made my own swingarm i did do some engine work to it (shaved the heads new pistons rings ported and polished and did everything but shaved the headsing in my own shop) and im also thinking about taking so r1 fairings or newer katana fairings

and this isnt the only bike im working on also a soft tail, and a chopper
                          Last edited by dumdum21; 11-20-2012, 11:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

If that's rattle can I'd like to know where I can get that

Nice thread but I really can't get over how many people are so negative. I'm not implying anything cuz the bike looks good..but not everyone has the means of building a top notch bike, sometimes its whatever makes you happy. The negativity and criticism is ridiculous.

To see "supporting members" degrading someones work and and just making low blows is less than encouraging or positive for this site. Opinions are one thing but why be an a$$hole? just saying...
                            Last edited by crazycraven420; 11-23-2012, 09:25 AM.
                            94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

lmao ^^^^ ya im 100% agree on that one

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
                                If that's rattle can I'd like to know where I can get that
                                Home Depot. Seriously Rattle cans have come a LONG way. Without texturing or spraying in pearls or such it is very diffucult to tell the difference in a flat color like that. In fact they have very elaborate pearl sprays now as well. Ping Freebird to send you shots of his truck that was fully spray painted and you would think it was airbrushed for weeks for the texturing.

Nice thread but I really can't get over how many people are so negative. I'm not implying anything cuz the bike looks good..but not everyone has the means of building a top notch bike, sometimes its whatever makes you happy. The negativity and criticism is ridiculous.

To see "supporting members" degrading someones work and and just making low blows is less than encouraging or positive for this site. Opinions are one thing but why be an a$$hole? just saying...
                                So what you are syaing is that when someone starts a thread asking for opinions that we should all sit back and say great job and offer no input? Or are you saying that we should only offer input if it is what the OP wanted to hear?

Very little asshole posting in this thread. Want to see that we have plenty of other threads we could point to but all of those would be mild compared to almost every bike forum out there.

So a guy wants to use this Kat as a showcase for his work, posts pics showing a extended swing arm and the few other mods I wrote on and by asking what else he is adding to make it an example of his work is harsh? If so get off the internet and go back to nursing from your mom.

If this was a backyard build for his own enjoyment I would not have posted that last post but to make this as an example of your skills to open a shop.... different beast.

If I wanted to be harsh I would have stated what I thought it looked like at its current spot but that would be unfair as most unfinished projects look like crap before it all comes together. Hence my question on what else is to be done.

Seriously if you can not take a bit of harsh judgement from people who have a different opinion then dont post it on the internet. Want only favorable responses then spend the money to build you own forum, spend years recruiting people to the site who share your opinion, and create threads with the sole purpose of patting yourself on the back. If this all comes together to look like a showpiece at the end I will be the first to pat him onthe back and say job well done.

I may hate extended swing arms and find them revolting on a pre Katana but they can be done very well. HardlyDangerous and others have them and look great (though on posts). Others have done them as well and pulled it off.
                                I am a Penn State fanatic.
                                Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Working...
                                X