X

pre-98 fender chop???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kickitjp
    I will take some pictures tonight....I dremeled mine and used a Creese bracket which I highly recommend
    *where is that ignore button??*

Comment

I will take some pictures tonight....I dremeled mine and used a Creese bracket which I highly recommend
      What's a Creese bracket?
      What the deuce!?!

Comment

You will see.

Comment

You will see.
          Oh for crying out loud!!!
          JP is pimping again!!!

A Creese bracket is a bracket that is used once you chop the fender.
          It mounts the turn signals and the plate.. Also known as a fender eliminator bracket.. but the one JP is talking about is made by Creese..

JP:
          Originally posted by bamarama
          And since I aint' filling holes in any plastic, I'll probably chop off those tabs
          If he isn't moving his turn signals a creese bracket wouldn't do him much good

Comment

So if you cut the shovel level with the tail piece, is it possible to drill new holes and move the stock license plate bracket up? Or will a Creese bracket, or the like, be needed?
            My Kat is stored for the winter and backed into the corner of my shed. I could probably answer that question myself but I won't get a good look at it until spring.

Comment

I chopped one with a Dremel and used the old plate bracket . I just drilled new holes higher up and flipped the bracket upside-down so the thing would sit the way I wanted it to .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                I chopped one with a Dremel and used the old plate bracket . I just drilled new holes higher up and flipped the bracket upside-down so the thing would sit the way I wanted it to .
                Were you able to cut it flush or did you have to leave a little longer in the back to do it?

Comment

I did leave a bit hanging down so I had something to attach the bracket to . Maybe if you ask him nicely Taz will take that pic for you .

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                    I did leave a bit hanging down so I had something to attach the bracket to . Maybe if you ask him nicely Taz will take that pic for you .
                    ha, I would like to see a pic....maybe you can put in a word for me...

Comment

Alright , here are the links ...

As you can see , the cut's a little rough , but it can be smoothed over easily enough . I actually shaped parts of it with the sander drum thingy to even out the cut where it needed it . Oh yeah , I guess the bracket's rightside-up in that pic . I THOUGHT I put it on there upside-down , but I guess I changed my mind for some reason .

Comment

Thanks, I'm gonna do mine the same way. I'll move the plate holder up and cut the shovel flush with the lines. Looks good.

Comment

Working...
                        X