Riding without lower fairing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding without lower fairing

'03 kat 600
    I think I want to keep the lower fairing off my bike. I just like the look (for now). Is there any reason why I may want to keep it on?

Like I read that naked bikes are designed slightly differently than faired bikes because of the difference in engine component protection from the fairings. Can ya'll insight on this?
    Extra life.

if you decide to keep it off please sell me it!! lol ive been desperatly looking for excpecially the left side and the u-shaped peice that goes in the center... ive been running without mine for just over a month, doesnt seem to effect anyting really..

Comment

I highly doubt that I would part with it if I rode without it. It's all scratched up anyway. Someone is parting out a kat in the sale sub forum though.
      Extra life.

Comment

Originally posted by rockat View Post
        '03 kat 600
        I think I want to keep the lower fairing off my bike. I just like the look (for now). Is there any reason why I may want to keep it on?

Like I read that naked bikes are designed slightly differently than faired bikes because of the difference in engine component protection from the fairings. Can ya'll insight on this?
        i have an 89 so the fairings are different.. but similar in the respect that they have an upper and lower front fairing.

i have never had my lower fairing on when riding (its beat up and i'm to lazy to finish fixing it).. the only thing that may happen is if you get an oil leak it will drip directly onto the pavement instead of all over your lower fairing.

someone may be able to help better as i'm not real sure about the bolt arrangement of the post Kat's but as long as the upper is bolted at the lower corners, you wont have a problem. if not they may flex and break
        if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Thanks Boomer. Bike seems to be okay without the fairing...so far
          Extra life.

Comment

as i said. as long as its secure and doesnt flap arournd there wont be any issues
            if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

post some pics i want to see on account im missing fairings
              A BROKEN CLOCK IS RIGHT TWICE A DAY

Comment

Originally posted by J-REL View Post
                post some pics i want to see on account im missing fairings
                ?Que?
                Extra life.

Comment

Before I found undamaged lowers for my bike.
                  Last edited by Astro4x4; 07-28-2012, 08:12 AM.
                  2000 Katana 600
                  2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

i like it ill go without them till i find them then
                    A BROKEN CLOCK IS RIGHT TWICE A DAY

Comment

black 99 do you have those pieces still or are they just missing? if they are broken just send them to me and I will fix them for you.. I will even prime them so all you have to do is paint them.

Comment

Working...
                      X