X

fairing bolts missing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fairing bolts missing

I'm missing a few of the bolts holding the plastics to my '04 750. I've looked around and I'm having trouble buying individual bolts, any suggestions?

Also, the front under plastics (for lack of a better title; the thin black mud guard I guess) is missing a few but the holes don't hold the original bolts. I don't want to wreck it or make it too hard to remove the fairings, so again, any ideas welcome.

Need to post a few pictures so we get whats going on.

Comment

Fairing bolt kit on ebay for about $40 will solve the problems

Comment

Originally posted by djdaredevil View Post
        Fairing bolt kit on ebay for about $40 will solve the problems
        I believe the poster was looking for individual bolts, not a kit.

(OP:My advice would be get the sizing of the bolts and head to a fastener wholesaler. In the U.S., we have Fastenal. I'm not sure if they are in Canada or not. You can google them to find out. They will sell you 5 or 5000. Pricing depends upon the size of your purchase, but is almost always good.
        Last edited by pr1v1t; 07-07-2012, 11:24 PM. Reason: Didn't see the OP was in Canada

Comment

Fairing bolt kit from Ebay. That way you have spares if needed
          Ride like it's your last ride
          sigpic

Comment

here's a thought: OEM bolts.
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

You can get the original bolts from places like BikeBandit. They are only a few dollars each.

Comment

Forgot about this post when I went on leave, Bike Bandit is the easiest place to find which ones I need. JeffM, great call!
                Thanks all

Comment

Originally posted by Greener View Post
                  Also, the front under plastics (for lack of a better title; the thin black mud guard I guess) is missing a few but the holes don't hold the original bolts. I don't want to wreck it or make it too hard to remove the fairings, so again, any ideas welcome.

If you are refering to the two black pieces before the header behind the front wheel, there are a couple of the holes that use "speednuts" to retain the screws. You may be missing a few of them, I was on my bike when I got it.

Hope this helps.

Comment

i just went to my local hardware shop and found exact matches for my fairing bolts cost me like 12$ to replace them all

Comment

Working...
                    X