What to do next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do next?

Hey guys

As the left side fairing on my katana was in bits i decided to do something about it. Considering the price of new part plus spray it didn't make much sense (price), so I cut the bad bits off and you can see what's left. Now, should I leave it like this, or maybe go 'streetfighter' all the way, with twin dominator headlights and stuff?

All advice welcome.
    Attached Files

I like how it looked in the second pic.......and if you'd paint the bellypan and what's left of the fairing, and shave the front fender a bit, that'd be a great ride........ but that's just my opinion.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Sounds good. I had the same thoughts... Any more ideas guys?

Thanks

Comment

+1 on the second photo.
        The Kat's tank is butt-ugly without something to trim out the bottom edge.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Streetfighter katanas, because you have no money OR creativity.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            Streetfighter katanas, because you have no money OR creativity.
            There's truth in that... One of the reasons I joined the forum. I want to keep it as 'katana' as possible, so keep it coming guys.

As to the 2-nd photo, should I just paint it, or do some more adjustments, trimming?

Thanks

Comment

2nd picture blackout lower cover
              Ride like it's your last ride
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFury View Post
                2nd picture blackout lower cover
                I was thinking red, but on the other hand, maybe black is the way to go...

Comment

I got some info on aftermarket oem fairing replicas. Maybe I will be able to get them in a good price, and go back to stock look.

Comment

Working...
                  X