No announcement yet.
X

Got a nice christmas gift today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to be looking around my area for someone to color match it to the bike, around what should I be expecting to shell out to have it painted?
    Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
    fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
    fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
    girls = yammah
    yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

I did my own paint on mine...I got it from Color-rite.com....Since my color was a pearl color i had to buy 2 spray cans @ $35 a piece...I bought a can of Duplicolor Clear coat from Autozone @ $6. Spent a few hours prepping it, wet sanding, clearing and polishing. So I would guess to have it painted by a shop would be around $100 maybe more depending on what all you have them do and how hard the color is to match.

Comment

Sliding the cowl to the rear a bit will definately make the difference. I liked having mine a bit more forward, so I took the skin off the seat and shaved some of the foam out then reapplied the skin. On my wife's, it is more to the rear where it should be and fits perfect.
        Why bother doing anything if you cannot
        "Be All You Can Be."

http://www.myspace.com/kahluamud

Comment

PUSH IT DOWN WITH YOUR KNEE!

then bend the tabs...it needs to be tighter is all

Comment

I had similar questions w/ '00 Kat when I got it.. Since it new and your seat has never had a cowl on it, its designed to be a VERY tight fit. It gives the look of having separate rear seat, and the that tight fit is to help ensure that it doesnt fly off or slide around while your riding.

Once you take it on and off a few times you'll get used to it. And yeah remember bend the clips in one fluent, sweeping motion..try not to bend them, then bend them again,etc..as this can cause them to break. I got a few extra clips that I keep under my seat just in case one breaks when it take it off and put it back on.

Dont worry about it ripping your seat. Ive not heart of any stories of anyones stock seat being ruined or ripped by a cowl. Also Jim's directions he puts in w/ the cowl are pretty helpful.

Comment

Well I'll pipe in here just to say I did but there isn't really anything I can add that these guys haven't already said.

From the pics it does look like your a little too far forward, that back edge shouldn't fall flush with the back of the seat it does need to hang over. Also like these guys pointed out, don't be shy about pushing it down. The cowl doesn't just sit sit on there. It is supposed to press into the seat a little at the front to help with the illusion of a separated seat and it will need to compress the padding at the back of the seat to eliminate that gap. It's not going to sit dead on your tail or it'll scratch the paint, there should be a little gap but nothing like what you have there.
              Remember, what is holding that thing on is the padding pushing up against the tabs that are bent under. Work with it a little and it will go on there.
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

thanks for working with me guys, I didn't fully mount it yet because I want to get it painted first. I just wanted to test fit it to make sure it fit properly before I did anything else. After I get it painted is when I'll secure it with the tabs and such.
                Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
                fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
                fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
                girls = yammah
                yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

Working...
                X