Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What do you use to get rid of decals/stickers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you use to get rid of decals/stickers?

I'm looking to take a few things off my bike. I know it may sound crazy to some of you, but there are a few things I just don't like on my 05 Kat...

Like the tank and fairing stickers that are still there from factory... they need to go.

Also, on the front of the bike near the lights... it looks like my bike has eye-shadow... don't like it...

I went out and bought some goo-gone today for when the stickers come off, cause i know they'll leave some shtuff behind from the sticky side...

But what's the best way to take decals/stickers off?

What have you used? What works best for you?
    2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
    - Aaron

Hair dryer/heat gun + patience. WD-40 also works well on the sticky residue left behind.

Comment

+1 on the heat gun. A lot of times you can remove the glue with the sticker, but it really depends on the vinyl. Once you get a corner worked up, instead of going crazy on it and just ripping it off, take your time with it. Pull the sticker tight, and pull back instead of forward. Many times most of the glue will come off with it. I'd also suggest a couple plastic razor blades for scraping the glue off. What do you mean by eye shadow?
      If it aint broke fix it till it is

Comment

I use a kit I sell that has a scraper and 4oz bottle of Orange Peel natural remover. Works awesome, and takes off the stuck on stuff really well after pulling the decals off. A heat gun or hairdryer to remove the decals.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The stickers near the headlights.....like this.

Comment

Gotcha. Mine didn't have those when I got it and I never even noticed them until now. They don't look bad though. Here's an unrelated question. Can you see through that windscreen at all? I have one very similar to it, but my bike is in pieces right now so I've not installed it yet. When it came in my first words were "holy crap that's really dark". I'm afraid I'm not gonna be able to tuck in like I used to.
            If it aint broke fix it till it is

Comment

Nope, can't see through it at all. So you can't really full tuck, you have to keep your head up a bit. My bike came like that, and I plan on replacing it with a clear one.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                Nope, can't see through it at all. So you can't really full tuck, you have to keep your head up a bit. My bike came like that, and I plan on replacing it with a clear one.
                Does Zero Gravity make a clear windscreen? I thought that they were all jet black like yours and sat higher than the OEM screen.

I'd love to get a Zero Gravity windscreen cause I hate the OEM screen... does nothing to block the wind, and more or less directs right at my face.

Also, thanks for the tips on the hair dryer. Gotta convince one of my family members to give theirs up for a bit now hahaha.
                2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                - Aaron

Comment

Working...
                X