Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

sooo crashed bike + no $$ for new fairings = streetfighter...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sooo crashed bike + no $$ for new fairings = streetfighter...

ok so i had a 2000 katana up till 2 days ago when i hit sum gravel on a tight turn at 60 miles an hour bike ended up in the woods 20 feet from the road and i ended up 10 feet ahead of that >< dunno what happened exactly but long story short had to have it towed and now im accessing the damages and other than needed a new brake lever, shifter, and clutch crank case all the internal guts seems to b in good condition. practically all my plastics are obliterated and i have no money for new ones i have decided to turn it into a streetfighter which i kinda wanted to do b4 all this happened....soo i guess i win......sry for the long story but i have no idea what im doing i pretty much stripped everything plastic and i wanna keep my bars i dont want new ones...i know i need new gauges and lights and was hoping to check on a fender eliminator kid but that would require fendors..haha i wanted to know if the plastic underneath the seat im guessing its referred to as the shovel is actually needed.. i was gonna have my dad weld a new seat for the battery to sit in... cuz he said he could. just one of many questions..is that plastic really needed or can i take it all out???

i started with
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

now i have https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Last edited by RiddleM3Thiz; 03-28-2012, 07:33 AM.

Comment

search this site for shovel chop, there's lots of ideas there to remove some of that plastic without going the route of a fender eliminator kit. Seems you're ok despite the crash. Glad you're ok.
      2004 GSX750F

Comment

thx ill check it out

Comment

Your shovel has already been chopped looks like.

Comment

repairing the plastics would have been cheap and easy...

IMO very few homemade street fighters look good. A street fighter is a stripped down CLEAN bike... A rat bike is a bike with the plastics removed and wiring and everything exposed.
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

haha naw thats where it snapped halfway just broke it the rest of the way off is it too far for a shovel chop?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

close up look
              Last edited by RiddleM3Thiz; 03-28-2012, 11:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

what ever happened to buying a bike specifically to fighter it?
                Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                Tony
                94 Katana 600

Comment

cuz i bought the bike as a first vehicle instead of a car and i pretty much didnt know what i was doin lol.......still kinda dont....

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
                    what ever happened to buying a bike specifically to fighter it?
                    Why on earth would you do that? That's like buying shoes that are to small because you're hoping your feet shrink. LAME!

Comment

If you buy a pair of shoes that are too small for really cheap, then you can hack them into sandals! the perfect riding shoe!!! duh!! come on Chris haven't you been paying attention!?
                      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                      Tony
                      94 Katana 600

Comment

you guys are funny
                        Last edited by nuera; 03-29-2012, 05:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

ehhh dont ask

Comment

Originally posted by RiddleM3Thiz View Post
                            ehhh dont ask
                            ... if you don't know what you're doing, your bike is a great means by which to kill yourself, thereby making the rest of us look bad.

repair your plastics if they're salvageable; truthfully in trying to fighter it the best you'll get is a hacked up rat bike... ...go check out the whole STREETFIGHTER subforum.

While you're at it, I've got four new in bag pod filters for sale. Pod filters add like 5hp to the Kat.
                            Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
                            Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
                            2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

Originally posted by black&blue View Post
                              ... if you don't know what you're doing, your bike is a great means by which to kill yourself, thereby making the rest of us look bad.
                              True

repair your plastics if they're salvageable; truthfully in trying to fighter it the best you'll get is a hacked up rat bike... ...go check out the whole STREETFIGHTER subforum.
                              Not True, if a great deal of attention is given to a kat fighter then it has potential to not be an ugly rat bike. we have a few good examples of that here on KR. but what I see most often is people that are too lazy to build a nice clean looking kat fighter. they get lazy and just end up slapping it together and say " it's a fighter, it's supposed to offend the eye." and i disagree with that.

I feel I go out of my way to point out that there are great builders building nice kat fighters, to help promote the idea that you can't just wreck it and think you can put it back together and call it a fighter. Time effort and money must be put into kat fighters. They MUST be well thought out and at least as good looking as the BKing (that's still not pretty). other wise it's just a wrecked bike someone got running again.

I'm ok with people wrecking their bike and deciding to not buy fairing and just riding it or ACTUALLY BUILDING a fighter with it. But what I hate to see is "sooo crashed bike + no $$ for new fairings = streetfighter...". If you wreck it and can afford to fix it... just say it... "I'm riding a broken bike cause I don't have the resources or creativity for anything better." Don't call it a fighter. Your just devaluing other people's artwork. It's a very arrogant thing to do.

Your not building a fighter... you cannot afford to build a fighter if you don't have the money to buy new fairings. after every thing is made or bought it's roughly the same cost as buying new fairings. +/- $200.

While you're at it, I've got four new in bag pod filters for sale. Pod filters add like 5hp to the Kat.
                              More lies.
                              Tony
                              94 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                              X