X

Front Fender Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Fender Question

Are both of these fenders off of a pre? The black one is exactly like mine (minus the cracks) and the red one is one that I was given and told that it came from a 96 600. The front end of the red one is narrower. I did not think they changed. Any insight?

Black one looks like a Post fender to me. Red looks like a Pre.

Comment

The black one is a pre fender.

The red one is not off a katana. It's a GS500E front fender. Both bikes use the same front wheel though, so it should work just fine.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post

The red one is not off a katana. It's a GS500E front fender. Both bikes use the same front wheel though, so it should work just fine.

Krey
        Your eyes are better than mine.

Comment

And I am thankful for both sets of eyes...and the knowledge that they share. Thanks!

Comment

Some of the difference between them is right where the front fender sits infront of the forks on either side...

The GS500e has an angular flat spot there.

The Pre kat is rounded all the way over to the far outside edge.

The Post kat has a stylized indention kinda like a half moon shape there that is curved and rounded.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post

Krey
              Dude you are like a motorcycle Guru.......
              sigpic

Admin Removed Sig Due to Words. Do not Go Around the Swear Filter. Thank you KR MGMT

Haha.....

Comment

Not to thread hijack, but since I have the same question I'd rather not start a new thread. The fender is listed as 98-06 but from what I've gathered on here is that the years differ 98-02 and 02-06. So my question is which model is this for, I'd guess the 98-02 but I figured I'd ask you guys.

-Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sandsk8erz400 View Post
                  Not to thread hijack, but since I have the same question I'd rather not start a new thread. The fender is listed as 98-06 but from what I've gathered on here is that the years differ 98-02 and 02-06. So my question is which model is this for, I'd guess the 98-02 but I figured I'd ask you guys.

-Thanks

98-02 model.

The 03+ model uses an additional attatchement bolt on the sides and has a slightly different shape.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

Krey

I am going to have to ride my arse up to Weaverville and buy you a beer! You are a wealth of knowledge at a bargain rate.

Comment

Working...
                    X