X

Shaved my seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaved my seat

This is something Ive planned on doing for a while now, and the first of many winter mods. Im short (5'6 in boots) and just dont feel comfortable or confident sitting in traffic or anywhere that my feet are down. I do plan to lower the bike an inch this winter using TMods suspension, but still wanted to do this mod. A few times, Ive even taken the seat off and sat down. Touched flat footed, and was actually more comfortable as far as riding position (it never left the garage without a seat lol). So that brought me to this project. I had no intention of shaving just enough that I could say it was shaved..I took about 2 inches out of it. I first sat down, then took a marker and basically traced my butt and legs, then went to town on it. I left it on the bike the entire time so that I could make sure and get the lines correct in it. I was afraid it was going to be really harsh after I was finished, but its surprisingly not. I feel a lot more secure in the saddle, and its taken a lot of the weight off of my hands now that Im a little more upright (this was another major issue for me). I would like to find a gel insert of some sort to lay down before I recover it, if anyone has any suggestions on that. Im going to take it in as soon as Im finished to get recovered, and this will be winter project #1 completed. Next is a solo cowl

Heres what I started out with.

If it aint broke fix it till it is

U can buy the gel seats that they use for bikes
    Cut it n quicks stick should do the strick then just get the seat reapolsterd

Comment

Waynesville Cycle Center is your Powersports Dealer in Western North Carolina. We sell top brands like Kawasaki, Honda, & Yamaha. Stop by today!

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thank you guys. That's exacally what I was picturing in my head.

Comment

So would the front large w/o cover, jell fit the width of the kats seat? Also, where would I be able to get some decent material to use as a cover? Lookin for ideas... Thanks!
          1991 Katana 750 (Red) (sold)
          2007 GSXR 600

Comment

Originally posted by Katana91_750 View Post
            So would the front large w/o cover, jell fit the width of the kats seat? Also, where would I be able to get some decent material to use as a cover? Lookin for ideas... Thanks!
            This is the direction Im going with my insert. If my measurements are right, this one should fit me just fine, and I'll have enough to do the front and back. Plus it should form to the crazy shape of my seat a little better than anything Ive looked at.

· MADE IN THE U.S.A. ULTRAGEL® at 5/8" thickness. Soft enough to easily conform to body contours and to minimize bounce or resilience, yet firm enough to provide maximum comfort needed to support and stability to the rider.

Comment

carfull , u might get crochitus now
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Katana91_750 View Post
                you might try your local marine upholsterer or maybe this:http://www.diyupholsterysupply.com/a...cle-Vinyl.html
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

From the title, I was concerned that this was a bit personal to share on KR, until I noticed it was bike related...then i breathed a sigh of relief LOL! Good luck on the project!

Comment

Originally posted by Danskat View Post
                    From the title, I was concerned that this was a bit personal to share on KR, until I noticed it was bike related...then i breathed a sigh of relief LOL! Good luck on the project!
                    Lol thanks. Im still looking at gel inserts, but have narrowed it down to a couple. The narrow one in the link I posted just dont seem right. I think Im going to go with one more like what Kreylyn posted. Either way, I'll post pics of the install when it happens.

Comment

if your a dude, i forsee this killin your partners on a decent length ride.
                      "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
                      2004 marauder 800

Comment

Originally posted by mstngsrule68 View Post
                        if your a dude, i forsee this killin your partners on a decent length ride.
                        Its really not that bad..different, but not uncomfortable. Im hoping the gel insert will also help. I dont do much long distance riding anymore, but if I have to Ill wear some of those bicycle shorts with the gel azz pads lol.

Comment

Isn't the title just a wee bit too personal here?

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                          X