X

body faring kits

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body faring kits

Has any one ever tried those fairings sold on ebay, if so, how did they fit and what is the quality like?

Quality is going to be crap, and they will only fit as well as you can fit them.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I don't know about that....those look like they have mounting holes already punched in them. Unless that's just for the pics?

Comment

I was interested in those oddly enough about 3 weeks ago, but all I've seen on them since is negative. There are predrilled holes, but most people say they are off. Then others have said that once they are on, they fall off soon. According to what has been said, they are a thinner plastic and do not hold up. I wish they did, and should you find otherwise, I hope you let me know. It's very tempting.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

They do come pre drilled, but the general consensus from here and all my Kawasaki forums are that there is a LOT of adjustment needed.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I can see how they would not hold up due to the thermoforming. This requires thinner material than injection molding, hence the weaker fairings that I could see cracking easily.

Comment

Arsenic runs chinese plastics and does say that they require work to get them on but do look good and none have blown off the bike yet.

My thought on it is that if I lay a bike down the paint and plastics are going to get messed up no matter how thick or what they cost.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcssls View Post
                Arsenic runs chinese plastics and does say that they require work to get them on but do look good and none have blown off the bike yet.

My thought on it is that if I lay a bike down the paint and plastics are going to get messed up no matter how thick or what they cost.
                Arsenic has also not taken his bike out on the road yet...just an fyi...

Comment

guess I'll be finding out in the next couple months, I will be running them.
                  sigpic

Comment

They are crap. i had them on mine and the holes do not line up. Also the mounting tabs are weak and snap off. they lasted me 6 months and now i am doing a streetfighter project.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      Arsenic has also not taken his bike out on the road yet...just an fyi...
                      And I never will. It's a track bike. And yes, like scotty said, the fairing are in a box right now. But they look hella good in said box. I'm pretty confident in my ability to mount things.

Originally posted by tconnelly View Post
                      They are crap. i had them on mine and the holes do not line up. Also the mounting tabs are weak and snap off. they lasted me 6 months and now i am doing a streetfighter project.
                      Let me reiterate. "They aren't like the ones that cost way more money than I have. I can't mount them properly. I over torqued the mounting bolts and broke the tabs off. They lasted 6 months, now I'm gonna make my bike look even worse than it did with my bad mounting job."
                      Last edited by arsenic; 11-21-2011, 04:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Where i can find old model fairing kit? My model is 1992. Sorry my bad english

Comment

You can't.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                            And I never will. It's a track bike. And yes, like scotty said, the fairing are in a box right now. But they look hella good in said box. I'm pretty confident in my ability to mount things.

Let me reiterate. "They aren't like the ones that cost way more money than I have. I can't mount them properly. I over torqued the mounting bolts and broke the tabs off. They lasted 6 months, now I'm gonna make my bike look even worse than it did with my bad mounting job."
                            Actually i had them mounted properly and did not over torque any bolts. none of the mounting points lined up. they came in the mail with one mounting tab snapped off which the company refused to take responsibility for.

Comment

Can i put new model fairing to old model ?

Comment

Working...
                              X