X

lol oops

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol oops

hey all well i screwed up i accidently sprayed enamel one one of the fairings of the bike (i had a gallon of laquer. and a galon of enamel both satin poped wrong one and realized to late) what can i do to remove the enamel? if i try to sand it it just gums up the paper lol. i just dont want to screw up the abs is my main concern the brand is valspar

If you don't mind repainting, pour some laquer thinner on a clean rag and wipe it all off and start from scratch.'
    If it aint broke fix it till it is

Comment

Lol ok I thought the thinner might dissolve the abs but ill give it a try when I get off in the a.m. thank you and I don't mind repainting at all

Comment

No it shouldnt do any damage other than stripping the paint unless your intentionally trying to do damage. Just remember that when your getting down to the last little bit of paint to start going easier with the thinner. Its one of the strongest solvents you can buy, and if it dont work, you may end up having to wait until everything completely cures and then sand until your fingers bleed (unless you have a DA).
        Another good technique is to get some plastic razor blades, dab the area with a rag soaked in thinner until the paint starts to bubble up and get soft, then take a blade and scrape the paint off. This will be the fastest way, but is also the easiest way to damage the plastic. You have to really watch what your doing or you'll dig a trench in it because the thinner COULD soften it just enough for the blade to dig in.

Comment

Ok thank you do you think naphtha would work?

Comment

Just stay away from Acetone!!!
            2004 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by silencebe4thestorm View Post
              Ok thank you do you think naphtha would work?
              It might work. If you have it available its worth a shot.

Comment

if you have access to a sandblaster, then blast it off. if you don't have access to one, take it to a place that has one. they might charge you all of $10 and it will be done in a matter of minutes instead of screwing around for hours.

and YES, abs can be sandblasted. I have done it dozens of times.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                X