X

Rear fairing and tail light alignment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear fairing and tail light alignment

I'm turning my katana I bought into s streetfighter. It's a rough bike but it's a work in progress. Right now, I am having trouble getting the left and right tail fairings to align with the tail light. Any hints or tips?

Originally posted by Devencade View Post
    I'm turning my katana I bought into s streetfighter. It's a rough bike but it's a work in progress. Right now, I am having trouble getting the left and right tail fairings to align with the tail light. Any hints or tips?

The most likely cause is a bent tail light bracket, or one that is missing. Sometimes people dont' chop the rear fender bracket, they just remove it. That leaves just the plastic to support the light, and that can bend/warp/stretch out of alingment. Or, the bracket is there and it's bent.

The fix... put on a bracket if it is missing, or... if it has the bracket, bend it/align the bolts to move it back into proper position.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X