X

1990 1100 fairings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 1100 fairings

i am looking for a aftermarket fairing for my 1100 1990 kat. i can not seem to find them. any help? or can you even get it for the 1100. i am also looking for frame sliders or atleast how to make them for my big kat.
    GO HARD OR GO HOME

why would you want to screw around with aftermarket fairings when oem can still be had? is there some "quality" you are looking for in aftermarket that oem does not have?

but to answer you question, yes, there were aftermarket fairings made for the 1100, but that was back in the early to mid 90's, and they were not all that great looking. the curves were more square than rounded and they didn't really look all that great. I had a set at one time, but didn't like them at all and sold them.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

You can get them new.

http://www.partforyamaha.com/pages/O...3/56021030059B.

Personally I,d buy used ones and paint em.
      And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Comment

it's over $600 for a new oem upper cowl, if you can find them. you can find some, but seeing as they come pre-painted, they are not available for all years and models. if you plan on repainting it, you might as well just buy used.

btw...those links you posted are NOT aftermarket fairings. they are genuine oem suzuki fairings.

Comment

i want a used one but i cant find the top and im not buying oem because of the cost unless you want to buy it for me. it seems no one sells the windscreen or the upper u can find all kinds of tail and sides. but thanks for the help.
          Last edited by jimbowv; 08-29-2011, 08:24 AM.
          GO HARD OR GO HOME

Comment

I hear ya. I could use a new upper fairing myself.

as for the windscreen....I have one. the whole assembly if needed.

Comment

Full body panels and tank

I had a guy ask me to make him an offer on complete set of 88 1100 plastics , tail, tank the works, like new and of no use to him (honda guy).
              What would be value of this? Dont want to go too low but dont wanna offer too high as I might get them cheap.

Comment

all ebay links are outdated... deleted them
                Last edited by jhuntphx; 09-30-2011, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X