X

Handlebars crooked?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handlebars crooked?

Whats the easiest way to fix crooked handlebars on a 91 600?

crooked how. as in bars are bent, tripple is bent or forks or bent. never heard of crooked bars without something being screwed up.
    When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Replace bent bars, if the problem is there.

If the wheel and forks/tripple are not lineing up... loosen the front axle, and bounce on the front end a few times with the brake applied. Then tighten back up axle.

Krey
      Last edited by Kreylyn; 08-14-2011, 11:48 AM.
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

didn't even thing of the tripple twisting. good catch Krey.
        When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. Thanks Krey, you answered my question.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            Replace bent bars, if the problem is there.

If the wheel and forks/tripple are not lineing up... loosen the front axle, and bounce on the front end a few times with the brake applied. Then tighten back up axle.

Krey
            Do you have to loosen anything other than the front axle? I got same problem( was a bit too pumped to go for the first run and one of the allen heads was loose) i tried loosening the whole thing up on the top but that didnt do squat.

Comment

Originally posted by gsx View Post
              Do you have to loosen anything other than the front axle? I got same problem( was a bit too pumped to go for the first run and one of the allen heads was loose) i tried loosening the whole thing up on the top but that didnt do squat.

The front axle advice will help if it's just an alignment issue between the wheel and the triple/forks. If you have something bent... then you need to fix that by replacement.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
              X