X

remove seat paint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove seat paint

I am trying to remove the paint off this seat. I would really like to bring the purple back out but if I have to recover it I will just go black. I think it is some type of latex or rubberized paint but it may be an acrylic enamel or epoxy. If it just spray paint regular gas would take it off but it seemed too scratch resistant.

I was taking a good section of it off with a pressure washer but it's kinda hard around the edges and I'm afraid it will cut threw the vinyl. I's there anything I can put on it to loosen it up that won't fade the seat?

If there were products to remove, what looks like automotive interior paint, it would most likly destroy the fau leather material as well. I tried staring fluid, worked great,
    destroyed the seat in about a weeks time in the sun. Material for the seat isn't very expensive. IMAO, I would just recover it.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Im a pro detailer and have used almost every chemical known to man. Its most likely vinyl dye/paint. There are very few chemicals that would take it off, and as stated above, they will damage the material. You will have to either redye it the color you want, or have it recovered.
      Last edited by Mrclean81; 08-29-2011, 10:07 PM.
      If it aint broke fix it till it is

Comment

I got mine recovered professionally. cost me $125. they used a -40 satin black, non slip cover. looks awesome. not slippery when wet. wont crack..even if you sit on it in the winter.

any chemical that will take the paint off will kill the material of the seat, and could eat the foam inside as well. get a used one off ebay or take it to an upholsterer

Comment

Working...
        X