X

dual headlights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual headlights

Are there any dual headlight that fit the 88-97 katana without hacking up the front fairing?

Yeah, there's a company called Wagner Plastic Technology that makes one.

Be prepared to spend as much as your bike cost though.

Comment

Pick up a busted pre headlight cheap (sure someone on here has one) and mount twin hid projectors.
      When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

That unit looks like one side his hibeam and one side is lowbeam so only one side is on at a time like a yamaha or somthing.

Could you wire it up to run both at the same time>?

I can't find there website. Are they on ebay?

Comment

Must have. How do I get them?

Comment

email www.mopowersports.com. They are a US distributor

Comment

Originally posted by phantasm View Post
              Pick up a busted pre headlight cheap (sure someone on here has one) and mount twin hid projectors.
              I've got one.

Actually, I've got two. One is getting these installed inside.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

There ya go W.B. I was looking at something just like that for mine. After the rest of the build of coarse. Be sure to post up some pics when you get it done.

Comment

Will do. I posted up some details after doing a single projector mod. The results are about as much light as I got from the stock light but with the different tone from the HID. I'm hoping that two projectors will get me a huge amount of light. biggest problem is going to be working out how to provide access to change bulbs.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Depending on how yom mount them could you open the back and somehow make mounts inside the headlight assembly. Assuming the hids are protruding through the old lens. I'll have to pick up an old light and work it out, you got me thinking about it and now the o.c.d. wil take over.

Comment

I'm looking at building a plate that will attach to the projectors at the front of the reflectors. (From the back so I don't mess up the lens focal length.) That plate will be the connection to the original reflector so I'll still have the ability to aim the light. I'll have to cut out the back of the reflector to provide bulb access and then the question is if I'll be able to reach through the original grommet area to replace the bulbs or if I have to cut out the back of the bucket and fab something up to close in the back again. Another possibility is to cut a nice neat hole with a holesaw and cover it with a rubber plug from Lowes.

Let me know if you'd like the extra headlight I've got. Plan is to put it on ebay for $20.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I thought "true" HID systems don't have "bulbs", and last quite a bit longer than regular filament-type bulbs?

Comment

Originally posted by Fitron View Post
                          I thought "true" HID systems don't have "bulbs", and last quite a bit longer than regular filament-type bulbs?
                          HID's still have bulbs. Just a different kind of bulb. And yes, they draw less amperage (except when they are first turned on) and generally last longer.
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I love the look of HIDs on a bike. I saw one yesterday when I was riding. I may have to do that to my bike

Comment

Working...
                            X