X

88 katana fairings help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 katana fairings help!

I just purchased an 88 katana thats been sitting for a while. I wanted to put alittle money into re doing the body on it.

After checking the post on what years they are interchangeable I still am a bit confused.

I wanted to double check before I purchase something that wont fit....im looking at putting a complete oem fairing kit on my 88 from a 1996 katana

are the headlights the same shape? will this bolt on or require extesive mods to fit?

anyone try this before??

Originally posted by 88kat-rider View Post
    I just purchased an 88 katana thats been sitting for a while. I wanted to put alittle money into re doing the body on it.

After checking the post on what years they are interchangeable I still am a bit confused.

I wanted to double check before I purchase something that wont fit....im looking at putting a complete oem fairing kit on my 88 from a 1996 katana

are the headlights the same shape? will this bolt on or require extesive mods to fit?

anyone try this before??
    88-97 600cc fairings are the same.

Should be a direct bolt up.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i was looking at a set on ebay. says its for a 95-96 GSX600F. the fairing piece that goes around the headlight looks a different shape. will this work? I doesnt say "katana" just suzuki GSX600F
      Last edited by 88kat-rider; 08-02-2011, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Link?

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

That says for 2003-2005 models. Not the 1996. In 1998 and new models the Kat did change, and the fairings are not easily swappable.

No, the parts in the link will not fit your bike.

krey
          93 750 Kat

Comment

any reccomendations of where I could find some new plastic?

I thought anything up to a 96 will fit? good thing i checked first. thanks

sorry that was the wrong link....this is for the one i was looking at
            Last edited by 88kat-rider; 08-02-2011, 01:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by 88kat-rider View Post
              any reccomendations of where I could find some new plastic?

I thought anything up to a 96 will fit? good thing i checked first. thanks

sorry that was the wrong link....this is for the one i was looking at
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUK...Q5fAccessories
              Those are GSXR fairings.....no way.

Comment

well that sucks, i thought it would be easy to find a fairing set for this bike... that second link i posted looks alot more like it. atleast the headlight is square . I found the pictures off the add for the bike i got. this is my project.
                Attached Files

Comment

Does you bike have fairings with it? If so they may be worth fixing. Used is about all you're going to find.
                  When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

it does but they are quite rough looking with numerous cracks. its missing the one rear right side under seat cover. I was going to get the seat re-apolstered because its really faded and starting to rip.

it also needs to be re-keyed or have a new ignition put in. and 2 tires
                    Last edited by 88kat-rider; 08-02-2011, 01:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

88-97 fairings are not easy to come by. You'll have to piece a set together on eBay, and then have it painted once you get a full set in good condition. It's not like the 98-06 bikes where you can just buy a new after market set from China.

Comment

cool thanks. saves me from looking everywhere for it

Comment

hey bro fairingkits.com sells them but exspensive 200.00 for each side not counting the tail but just look on ebay and craigslist i just picked up my fairings off of craigslist for 125.00

Comment

Originally posted by 90dragkat View Post
                            hey bro fairingkits.com sells them but exspensive 200.00 for each side not counting the tail but just look on ebay and craigslist i just picked up my fairings off of craigslist for 125.00
                            No they don't Unless he has a GSXR 600 750 1000 or 1300, they don't have them. And considering he has a 1988 GSX600F, he's SOL.
                            Last edited by arsenic; 08-02-2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X