X

gas tank swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas tank swap

Was just wondering if and post tanks will fit a pre 600 or is my search limited to pre 600/750 tanks
    When all else fails get a bigger hammer

They won't. Different shapes and mounts.

Comment

What I thought but never hurts to check. Was looking at one listed as a 98 and sure looke like a pre but guess its not. Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

Originally posted by phantasm View Post
        Was just wondering if and post tanks will fit a pre 600 or is my search limited to pre 600/750 tanks
        Originally posted by Wolfe_UK View Post
        They won't. Different shapes and mounts.
        Originally posted by phantasm View Post
        What I thought but never hurts to check. Was looking at one listed as a 98 and sure looke like a pre but guess its not. Thanks for the quick reply.

Woah, hold up... lets clarify on that.

The tanks will mount exactly the same pre or post, 600 or 750. There are minor differences in the fuel level sensor mount, and the shape of the front of the tank.

If you have a fighter... you have no issue with any of the tanks, they will work. If you want to keep the main fairings to match the tank, stick with the years for the fairings your using with the tank.

The bottom shape, mounting hook, and bolt mount holes are exactly the same though and will mount right up pre or post, to a 600 or 750 frame.

krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Krey. I run full fairings so still in the same boat. Just gonna have to work a deal with kycycle on a tank he has.

Comment

Working...
          X