X

Limp Left Mirror, fix or buy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limp Left Mirror, fix or buy?

Hey guys, new to the forum here, so I thought I'd fix something that's really needed for me when I'm on the road.

I just bought my very first 05 katana, 600 GSX. It's in my profile pic if you want to take a better look at it (it's the good side... other side was dumped).

Since the bike was dumped on the left side, the left mirror is a bit limp after going over around a dozen road-bumps or so.

It seems to have popped out of it's socket (sort-to-say), because the right mirror seems to be closer to the ball joint (plastic joint) that it sits on to rotate, where as the left one is almost off the ball-joint (plastic joint).

Any idea on how to give the mirror a fix?
    2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
    - Aaron

you can just get rid of the joint and bolt it in place, or just get on google and find a new mirror for about $15. Shouldn't be tough either way.
    sigpic
    "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by clark827 View Post
      you can just get rid of the joint and bolt it in place, or just get on google and find a new mirror for about $15. Shouldn't be tough either way.
      Ended up buying a mirror locally for $100.... I guess it's better than waiting for one through ebay and getting into an accident in the process!
      - Aaron

Comment

100$ for a mirror is alot , there are tons on ebay i wouldve waited and saved money at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by illwillone View Post
          100$ for a mirror is alot , there are tons on ebay i wouldve waited and saved money at the same time
          Would have been nice, but I guess these Canadian dealerships have to make money somehow... those buggers!
          - Aaron

Comment

I saw Kat mirrors at Leatherup.com for $24
            My YouTube Videos
            My motorcyle map!

Comment

Working...
            X