X

Full Vinyl Wraps?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Vinyl Wraps?

Kind of ricey, but I've seen some nice vinyl wraps done on friend's bikes, and was wondering how many people if any did that to their katana's, pictures would be cool too

I've been Contemplating the same.
    "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
    1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
    2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

I've thought about it since my bike is normal paint color on the left side and fading on the right. I've checked out some vinyls with graphics but they seem pretty pricey like 400 bucks but they look really good. High quality vinyls warranted from fading for 2 years but just too pricey for me I think they are called bike skins. I am sure there are few other good ones out there that are cheaper in price but I will look into it later on when I can afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by chito2004lakers View Post
        I've thought about it since my bike is normal paint color on the left side and fading on the right. I've checked out some vinyls with graphics but they seem pretty pricey like 400 bucks but they look really good. High quality vinyls warranted from fading for 2 years but just too pricey for me I think they are called bike skins. I am sure there are few other good ones out there that are cheaper in price but I will look into it later on when I can afford it.
        well, I think their a decent deal, pricey yes. But you can get much more complex with the designs, I was looking into some pretty complex 900$ designs that look awesome, I don't have the money yet, but I'm definitely considering it. Trying to get the same design in a paintjob...now THAT is pricey

Comment

Originally posted by LongboarderScott View Post
          well, I think their a decent deal, pricey yes. But you can get much more complex with the designs, I was looking into some pretty complex 900$ designs that look awesome, I don't have the money yet, but I'm definitely considering it. Trying to get the same design in a paintjob...now THAT is pricey
          Well yeah, complex paint is expensive because it's high quality and takes considerable skill...covering your bike in a big flashy sticker not so much.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            Well yeah, complex paint is expensive because it's high quality and takes considerable skill...covering your bike in a big flashy sticker not so much.
            I agree. For $900 dollars I think it would be wiser just to get a custom paint job but those vinyls I was talking about are really nice. Here is are a couple pics check it out:

Last edited by chito2004lakers; 05-26-2011, 08:55 PM. Reason: add pic

Comment

They are nice just would like to see some different ones is there a website to see more?
              Rain,Snow or shine I'm going to ride mine!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by importslife View Post
                They are nice just would like to see some different ones is there a website to see more?
                http://www.bikeskinz.com

I figured it out from the pictures posted...

Comment

You can also go to a local vinyl shop and get any thing you want designed. They should be able to print on a high quality material for around the same price. A good material has a 5_7 year outdoor warranty. I use 3m ij180cv3 very easy to install.

Comment

I priced out carbon fiber looking vinyl $55 Canadian funds a yard 3' by 4'. Or paint I'm doing rubberized undercoat

Comment

Just get a measurement of how many feet you need per fairing, and just tell them to print that much and give it to you. My buddy owns a graphics shop and charges $12/sqft for ANY digital print. You're paying for labor. You can design what you want on a bike template, then just get the prints a lone from them to save a ton-o-cash.

There's also hydro-dipping kits online somewhere that are reasonable
                      "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
                      Chris
                      graphic designer | drummer
                      2002 Katana 600
                      Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

i plan on doing mine in flat black vinyl. so far this is prolly the best vinyl wrap you can get. Its made by 3M.

here's my brother skyline done in black

its easy to apply and its pretty forgiving. Let the piece sit in the sun and it applies like glue.

Comment

That's awesome
                          "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
                          Chris
                          graphic designer | drummer
                          2002 Katana 600
                          Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

vinyl may look good and all, but NEVER drop your bike and scuff it cuz you can forget about repairing it. there is no "touching up" with vinyl, and all you can do is just slap more vinyl over it, or spend a month taking it all off.

don't let it's "good looks" suck you in to creating future headaches and nightmares for yourself. that is unless it applies with no glues. if it was more of a "static" bond, then maybe I can see it being less of a pain to remove.

just my 2 cents.
                            Last edited by Mojoe; 06-01-2011, 06:29 PM.
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

makes alot of since Mojoe....didnt look at it that way.
                              1990 GSXR 750 Slingshot(sold)
                              1992 GSXF Katana 750(sold 2014)
                              1994 GSXF Katana 600 (gave away)
                              2007 Suzuki Boulevard C-90 (sold)
                              2003 GSX 1300R Hayabusa (purchased 2013)

I MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST DUDE YOUVE SEEN ON A 750 KAT.....

Comment

Working...
                              X