X

Cowling in the Dishwasher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowling in the Dishwasher?

I have a pretty rough cowling that I think could use a very through cleaning (or two). Because I'm lazy, would it hurt it to run it in the dishwasher (I'm thinking warping could be a risk) or should it be relatively safe?

You must have a huge dishwasher...
    And it all depends on how everyone that eats in your house feels about it lol.
    Taking them down to a car wash may be just as easy and the oils and road grime can clogg their drains.
    1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
    1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
    Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

+1 on the carwash.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Really?

Um... really not a good idea if your using that to clean dishes later on. You won't flush all the residue from the oil/grease out of the unit even running it a few times.

Seriously... don't do that!

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yeah, don't do the the dishwasher, it will leave oil all over the place. Next thing you know BP will be drilling through your dishrack.

Comment

When I was a kid my mom came home one day to find motorcycle parts in the dish washer. side covers, carb parts, etc. Works great, but man was she ****ed off. I don't think I'd do it these days now that its my dish washer.
            Richard
            96 Suzuki GSX750F
            89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
            05 Yamaha WR450F
            05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Are you being serious?
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
              X