Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Instructions for removal of seat cowling?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instructions for removal of seat cowling?

Hey, all -

Is there an instructional on how to remove the seat cowling? I've got a 2006 Kat600 and trying to get a few mods done before my kid is born (lest I may not get to do them for a WHILE). I've already got the rear tire hugger and the fender eliminator kit; just need a little more clarification on finding some plastic rivets and handling of the seat lock cable to get the section off. Information in the manual was spotty. I did find the post below in search, but the link was broken and I couldn't find it explicitly named among AHFs posts.

Thanks in advance for your help.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What kit did you get just out of curiosity ? Taking off the rear plastics, whether you technically need to or not, is a good idea because it gives you an easier way to cut the fender off, and makes it easier to get a cleaner cut too, IMO.

Here is a writeup from the bodyshop forum by AHF that is very nicely done.

In a nutshell though, the tale section is bolted on so all it takes is alittle time to remove the bolts under the rear fairings, the ones under the seat and dont forget to remove the grab bar, as well as the screws on the tail light as you begin to take it off.

You found a post from before Vbulletin
    A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
    mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks for responding. I saw that one last night; it picks up on all the tasks that occur after the cowling has been removed, though. Is there any trick to removing the ball part of the seat lock cable from that plastic housing? That's what is tripping me up at this point. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Nvm, figured it out - handling wasn't as delicate as I thought it was. At this point, I've got the cowl off, now just have to cut the wiring to the rear tail lights then on to sawing off the shovel.

For some reason - feeling bad that I'm cutting into the bike. Does anyone else ever get that?

Comment

I cut things, drill holes in things, add things, remove things, all the time. It always ends up better than before, so no, I don't feel bad about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkChylde-QC View Post
            For some reason - feeling bad that I'm cutting into the bike. Does anyone else ever get that?

I don't know what that is....

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
            X