X

painting ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting ?

hollo fam. i painted my fairings with two diffrent brands of paint. One brand is nason ford black, & the other is duplar ebony blk. the paint dealer assured me that there would not be a difference in the look of the two paint. well that was a lie. the nason ford blk has a dull look, which looks great, & the duplar ebony blk has a more shiny look which i dont care for. my question is after i put on the clear coat will both parts has the same look? or am i just screwed.

I assume you are putting this down over the same color primer. If you are going for the dull, satin black look, you can wet sand the shiny black until you have the desired matched color. However once you clear coat it, unless you are using a satin clear (I think?) it will all look shinier than you want I'm guessing. I am trying to remember when I painted my fairings if I have this correct.

Someone back me up on this please!
    "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
    Chris
    graphic designer | drummer
    2002 Katana 600
    Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

once you clear it, it may level out, I've seen stranger things happen. regarding the fact you used two different paints, what were the conditions like when you sprayed them? if one day was more humid than the other, or a drastic change in temp that will affect paint finish as well. painting is best done in controlled environments.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Well the clear balanced out the look. Now time too wet sand.

Comment

Spider web

ok i had too repaint a fairing. after sanding off the clear coat on my fairing, i sprayed her with paint. Why is the paint in some areas of the fairing looking like spider webbs are in the paint, I wet sanded the areas that had the spider webb look, & painted it again, And the spider webb came back. why is this ?. what do i need too do to fix the problem.

Comment

Probably "orange peel" effect or "fish eyes." This happens when you touch the surface prior to painting it, and the oil from your hands contaminates the surface. OR, something may be in the water you are wet sanding with. Try using a paint prep spray (Lowe's) and a tach cloth if you wish prior to painting. I think that is the problem?!
            "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
            Chris
            graphic designer | drummer
            2002 Katana 600
            Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

Working...
            X