X

Fastfairings - fairing sets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastfairings - fairing sets

Has anyone had any experience with www.fastfairings.com.

Thanks!
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." Helen Keller

no, but i bookmarked it for later.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I've been looking into these folks for some time and have asked around. They are chinese knock-off fairings of dubious quality. If they're better than the Ebay fairings you see, it's only marginally.

And, their pricing, at least for my bike... naaah, for that much I can paint my bike myself and pocket the other $680.
      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Running a Google search on "fastfairings review" got a bunch of their ads and a couple of reviews from independents. The same exact text was on Sitejabber.com and complaintsboard.com. The poster was listed as "MV" on Sitejabber and "Windolle" on complaintsboard. One person on PNWRiders had good things to say about their communication before the sale and recommended them.

Viffer, where are you finding your info on them? I'd definitely be nervous given that it's a bunch of money and they seem to be running about 50% on the reviews but I'd also be inclined to discount the bad review since it's posted twice, on two different websites under different (not even close) names. (That just reeks of a deliberate hack job.)

From Sitejabber and complaintsboard:
        "This website is a scam, when you order part from Fastfairings.com you pay almost double for the actual price of the part. How does that work? Fastfairings.com charges you, than order the part the aftermarket part on ebay, and have it ship to your address. IE, a fairing kit cost $350 plus $100 for shipping and handling on ebay; that part will come from a shop in China for a total of $ 450.00. When you order the part from fastfairing.com, they try to convince you that the part is made in USA and have better quality; they charge you $850.00 or more plus $56.00 for shipping and promise you a 2 days delivery. When you receive you part in the mail, guess where it comes from? From the same company in China, same place you would of got it for $450 almost ONE MONTH LATTER."

From PNWriders, two posts from the same user:
        "ive been checking fastfairings.com. there made here in the USA and super fast at returning emails and the anwsers the phone, i dont think ive heard any thing bad."
        and
        "send then a email. they didnt have any thing showing for the 00 CBR929 but sent a email and they do make it. i think they just show the most popular."
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Their website does not say made in USA it says US based warehousing. So the complaint about the part coming from China (which doesn't mean it's not a decent part by the way) is a case of someone not doing basic research.

Comment

Originally posted by GregS View Post
            Their website does not say made in USA it says US based warehousing. So the complaint about the part coming from China (which doesn't mean it's not a decent part by the way) is a case of someone not doing basic research.

Actually...

In addition to extremely fast delivery, we also pride ourselves on providing the best quality high-grade ABS plastic sportbike fairings on the market! We own and operate our own full-production facilities: the injection molders, air dryers, spray-booths...the whole thing!

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I didn't spend much time on their website last night but I do find it interesting that the page Kreylyn linked is full of good grammar and correctly spelled words. Also found it interesting that the testimonials listed on the left margin include one describing a bad part followed by good customer service. Kinda reassuring that they're willing to advertise that they do mess up sometimes but make good on it when they do. Of course, for the kind of money they want you'd hope so...

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I don't know anything about this company, and can't say anything bad or good about their quality of parts or service. However, it strikes me that the website actually does say "FastFairings.com is the only aftermarket sportbike fairing warehouse in the United States!"

Then, later down the page that Kreylyn linked, it says they own their own facilities. It however NEVER says they are made in the USA. They could be made in China, or anywhere else in the world, and then shipped to the US warehouse. But like I said, I can't say anything about the quality of something I've never seen. From what I've found though, when companies specifically don't mention something, it's because it would be a legal problem, as in false advertising, to say it. If they were made in the USA, they would just flat out state that.

Ironically enough, I learned how to analyze marketing hype and advertising in statistics class, as examples of how easy it is to make statistics say anything you want them to. Trust me, 4 out of 5 dentists agree. Every other dentist in the world, however, agrees with that 1.

Comment

Very good points.

We looked at that "4 out of 5 dentists" thing in my intermediate stats class, too. Turned out that Dentyne managed to get a bunch (a lot more than 4) of dentists to agree that chewing gum releases saliva which rinses bacteria off your teeth. As long as you're not also caking up your teeth with sugar, that's a good thing and reduces the likelihood of cavities. It's almost as good for your teeth as sipping water for 20 minutes or so.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post

Viffer, where are you finding your info on them? I'd definitely be nervous given that it's a bunch of money and they seem to be running about 50% on the reviews but I'd also be inclined to discount the bad review since it's posted twice, on two different websites under different (not even close) names. (That just reeks of a deliberate hack job.)
                    Another forum I frequent... purchasers of eBay fairings, NiceCycle.com and FastFairings.com. Of the three, it seems like the least complaints come from NiceCycle.com. eBay fairings = more fitment issues and busted plastics out of the box. I'm sorry, but the FastFairings website strikes me as being a little misleading for reasons already stated - calling themselves a US warehouse that owns their own facilities... they all come from China. For trying to be cute - they lose points in my book.

There might be better Q.C. and customer service with what ends up at your door with FF or NC, but for that you're going to pay the extra $250.

The bottom line is that they're good for what they are - a lesser expensive means of sprucing up your ride. But, you shouldn't expect them to be the same quality as the OEM's (momma used to say "if it's too good to be true, something something something..."

If your fairings are in decent shape: repaint. Decent quality supplies will run you $150 from soup to nuts (a little less if you rattle can your bike).

If your fairings are shot, you can't get your hands on another set or you don't know the business end of a spray gun from a hole in the ground: FF or NiceCycle might be the right way to go, especially if you can get something out of their clearance bin for $500.

I had a buddy who bought from NiceCycle but sold his bike shortly after. Could have put my hands on the entire set for $250. But the paint scheme was too Ricky-Rocket for me.
                    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

I know nothing of the company or product at all... just want to make that clear. I'm not saying good or bad.

I just wanted to point out the info on their own website that specifies "their" fairings are supposed to be of their own make, not from another/same source as other fairing offerings on ebay. Made in ?... no clue, never did find anything that said anymore than the wharehouse was in the US and that is where they ship from.

I agree with Jim's basic points though... fix your own is cheaper, but if you don't want to...

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I saw some stuff on youtube about them: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5LAf0bB-yI"]YouTube - Fast Fairings 600rr Repsol Kit Review Part 1/2[/ame]
                        but then I also saw a nice tutorial that could be used: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvkyrPLfDQk"]YouTube - 3M Dinoc and 3D carbon fiber vinyl Install Help Video[/ame]
                        But then for me this would be the one I would use for that super sweet effect: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rTWaV1imzs"]YouTube - How to cover parts in carbon fiber (fibre) by skinning or wrapping[/ame]
                        this could repair cracks and give a really sweet appearance for that trick uber fast black bike ; )

Comment

PHP Code:
                          Registrant:

Domains by ProxyInc.

DomainsByProxy.com
                             15111 N
                          Hayden Rd., Ste 160PMB 353
                             Scottsdale
                          Arizona 85260
                             United States

Registered through
                          GoDaddy.comInc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain NameFASTFAIRINGS.COM
                                Created on
                          16-Oct-08
                                Expires on
                          16-Oct-11
                                Last Updated on
                          17-Oct-10

Administrative Contact
                          :
                                Private, 
                          Registration  FASTFAIRINGS.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
                                Domains by Proxy
                          Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com
                                15111 N
                                Scottsdale
                          Arizona 85260
                                United States

(480624-2599      Fax -- (480624-2598

Technical Contact
                          :
                                Private, 
                          Registration  FASTFAIRINGS.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
                                Domains by Proxy
                          Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com
                                15111 N
                                Scottsdale
                          Arizona 85260
                                United States

(480624-2599      Fax -- (480624-2598

Domain servers in listed order
                          :

NS3.VOLUSION.COM
                                NS4
                          .VOLUSION.COM 

I worry about private registrations on a site like this.
                          -Steve

sigpic
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

id be very careful with that ammount of money
                            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Working...
                            X