X

pre98 hugger question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre98 hugger question

Ok i did a search thorugh all the past threads in the forum about a hugger for a pre 98 600. What i wanna know what all different models will exactly fit it and if anyone has any pics of what theyve done with their hugger?

i have done a fair amount of searching and havnt found a pre 98 hugger anywhere...
    Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

Someone said that a bandit or SV hugger will work with some minor modification . Might wanna try to plug that into your search ....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

99 or newer SV650, with some modification will fit! also, i'm thinking a Bandit should work as well (i'm about 75% possitive, it will work)

PAUL
        93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

Hey SEQX34 which one is that in your pic? Is that the 99 or newer SV650?

Comment

installed an early model Bandit 600 hugger to my 1996 600 Katana... I had to trim a little off the back of the hugger to pass over the chain and brake arm but I was able to use the original bracket and holes to mount it. I did have to tack weld the bracket to the outside of my swingarm. Check out my photo profile to see pictures of the hugger or click on this link http://www.katriders.com/forums/view...=150177#150177 8)

Comment

Originally posted by rideitlikeyoustoleit03
              Hey SEQX34 which one is that in your pic? Is that the 99 or newer SV650?
              99 SV650
              PAUL
              93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

I bought one on ebay for my pre98 (actually it's an 89 Kat 600) it was for a 98+ Katana...Now just to note I have not installed it yet...lazieness...plus I want to chrome out my swing arm and decided to wait to install it until I get the swingarm chromed...any ways...I was told that it would work because one thing this guy does is he doesn't drill the holes in the chain guard...this way you can fit the hugger and drill the holes yourself...here is the link to the guy that makes them...oh yeah realize he is in Brazil....yes South America Brazil......a few people here have bought stuff from him....He does his items in "batch" style...he put up stuff..then when the auctions are over he makes them ships them out and then put's the items back up...so if you don't see any auctions from him just give it a week or so...

Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Found one tonight off a web site for $113 but currently out of stock all other stores it is in the $200's i think it's worth the wait.
                  Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

Found this on ebay..you may be able to make it fit:

Good deal..I think...then again what the he!! do I know....
                    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

And it's BLUE !
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Yeah it but says must be used with stock tire size? Would a 150/60 or 70ZR17 clear in it?

Comment

03+ SV's are different, might want to stick with 99-02.

Comment

Working...
                          X