X

How much paint?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much paint?

is a 12oz can enough for 2 coats on a complete set of fairings?

It's a tri-coat by the way... so base coat and top coat, 12oz each. Just want to make sure I get good coverage with the base coat.
    Last edited by car0linab0y; 01-14-2011, 04:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    sigpic'98 600 Parting Out

no...I'd suggest getting at least 4 cans for each layer...that gives you 48oz of sprayable material, of which you won't get all of it out of the can...a quart (32oz) of sprayable base is enough to do a bike with a solid 2 coats of material before clear...you have to remember how many little parts there are to paint aside from the main fairings, they tend to eat up more paint than you would think...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

at $22 a can, I might come out better investing in a spray gun.

Comment

yea you can get a gun from harbor freight for pretty cheap and you can get quarts of paint for around that $25 range

Comment

Any idea where I can find matched OEM paint for that cheap? She wants Escalade white. Cheapest I could find was like $22/12oz.

Comment

Working...
          X