No announcement yet.
X

Help Needed: Fairing Installation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't worry about it... If you can't find a hole without screw keep goin. When I got my bike it was missing over half the fairing bolts so I put on the ones that seemed most important and then I slowly found ones in my garage that fit over the next month while riding it in between...
    95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
    ---
    I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

We can play a guessing game for the next month without hitting on the exact location for those screws. There's two sure ways to solve this: either take the fairings completely off and start again or put the screws someplace safe and pull them back out next time you pull the fairings off. Me, I'd stash them and go riding.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Go around to the entire bike and inspect every piece of body you put back on, give each a little tug, if it falls apart (beside from where it has the pop in fits on the side of the gas tank and where the front fairings meet the rear) then you should probably start over. If it all holds together then fugghitaboutit.
        "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Check on the inside, below the headlight, near the front fork stabilizing brace. There are two screws, one on the left and the right. They are about turn signal high.

Comment

Got me on the chrome bit...I've had mine off a few times...the only ones that are phillips are the ones posted in m...68's pic (black)...all others are chrome hex..with and without shoulders....though perhaps yours are replacements?....and again perhaps you took something apart that I did not....sorry...not much help. I'd go with wildbill's suggestion.

m..68: I still have my sticker on my swing arm...but admitedly, i would have probably removed any one them on the fairings if they were there. just a personal choice. Though a while back I bought an 82 CB900 which had the sticker on the tank still...so yeah it was kinda cool to see the stock condition of it.
            2004 GSX750F

Comment

usually phillips heads are located where a panel is often removed for some reason. On my 1100 kat it is the two side covers, which are removed to get to fuses and suspension adjustments.

if not there, try looking up under the front fairing, below the headlight. don't know if the 600 and 750's are the same, but on the 1100 there are 2 screws below the headlight which secure the fairing to the birdcage that holds the headlight and gauges.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
              X