X

Headlight Mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Mod

Hey guys, I'm sure there are some ppl here who just dont really like the way the headlight looks on the Katana's specifically the 98+. Well I haven't seen any post's on how to make it look more sporty, and I decided to take it into my own hands. Here's what I came up with and lemme know what u think.
    Attached Files
    01 Katana 750
    520 conv
    Yoshi slip on

Dont run, you'll only die tired

Other pics. The first pics were with 2 coats of Krylon gloss black. You could still see light through the paint until I put about another 3 coats on it and 2 coats of clear. I also used high-heat paint so it wouldn'd come off and kinda hit the lights where I was gunna paint it with some 500 grit sand paper to give the paint someplace to adhear to. Lemme know what u think!
    Attached Files
    01 Katana 750
    520 conv
    Yoshi slip on

Comment

I was trying to do something like that in the spring, I didn't like "design" that I cam up with..but yours looks good. I'd like to see it at dusk with the lights on
      Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
      '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Does it reduce any of the light coverage at night? Does it stop the light from going right in front of the bike?
        I finally got home and get to ride my KAT!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Cool!

I like the picture of the lights all taped up - looks like your headlight is wearing a bra

Comment

+ 1 looks like a bikini!

Anyway, I love the kat's headlights. I ride at night and I love all they light they fire out compared to my old single headlight cruisers.

The only headlight upgrade I would like to do is PIAA bulbs.

The other mod I like and I forget who did it, but they made a divider and made the headlights look like duals, someone please link up the thread?

Comment

I have been thinking of doing this same mod. Can we see some more pics of them on the bike?
              "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

I have a DDM tuning HID conversion kit at the house now. I will install it when I return from Iraq in DEC/JAN. I ordered the 35W, 8000K, H4. I will post pics of all of my mods as I do them. If this mod doesn't reduce light output to key areas, I will probably do it as well. Looks great!!
                I finally got home and get to ride my KAT!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Actually I didn't really notice a difference as far as the visibility goes. I rode about 150 miles at nite between Friday and tonite. The paint has held up tremendiously qnd it really gives the bike a more agressive look, plus it makes it unique. I will post some pics tomorrow of it at nite. And it does kinda look like a bra taped up lol. I noticed that too, my friends got quite a laugh out of it!!
                  01 Katana 750
                  520 conv
                  Yoshi slip on

Comment

Originally posted by newbouldg View Post
                    I have a DDM tuning HID conversion kit at the house now. I will install it when I return from Iraq in DEC/JAN. I ordered the 35W, 8000K, H4. I will post pics of all of my mods as I do them. If this mod doesn't reduce light output to key areas, I will probably do it as well. Looks great!!
                    I was looking at all your upgrades your waiting to do. Your kat is gonna be sick, i bet you can't wait. Be safe over there bro will look forward to seeing the bike.

Comment

I like it a lot more before it's on the bike... I really want to do something like this, but I don't know how I would tape off the headlights... This has really got me thinking now!

Comment

ok, well here is the pics you've all been waitin for. I didn't notice a difference in visibility, but I am sure it affected it even if it was very small changes. But I am very pleased with the results and I have gotten a TON of complements. It was very easy and simple to do, and it definately gives it a more aggressive look. So, here it is. I can answer any and all questions you may have about it.
                        Attached Files
                        01 Katana 750
                        520 conv
                        Yoshi slip on

Comment

as for the pics with the light on dim, you can see little places where I was following too close to a semi and rocks peppered the front of my bike and my legs. lol.
                          01 Katana 750
                          520 conv
                          Yoshi slip on

Comment

wicked....NOW i got another project to put on the list....
                            sigpic
                            Pepe Bouchard

Comment

I wonder if using bed liner instead of paint will with stand the beating the bugs and pebbles gave yours...
                              01' Intruder 1400 [Sold 4/10]
                              03' VTX 1800 Retro
                              04' Katana 750 [Theft Recovery 2/10]

Comment

Working...
                              X