No announcement yet.
X

Carbon fiber for the masses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm definately interested!!! I think I just ruined my roommates bathrobe. Lol! I need a hugger and chainguard for sure... Guys in my club are whining about my pilot tires throwing crap everywhere, and a chainguard is required and I hate mine so yeah... Hook a brother up! In the future, I'm game for the fun bits. All our kats need to go on a diet. Ur new nickname is Atkins!!! Thanks for the effort and keep us posted. I'm drooling up here in the Dirty Murder Mitten!!!

Comment

• Just "Atkins?"
      I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
      -Unholy m-
      Current project: Un-Katchable
      sigpic

Comment

• AAAHHH...NOOO...Just..one...picture.....NOT THE COUCH!!!....

(wife has taken me to watch Myth Busters) Talk to you all tomorrow.
        I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
        -Unholy m-
        sigpic

Comment

• Ok, ok. Dr. Atkins. I'll throw in Phd if u can make a full fairing for us. Lmao!!!

Comment

• Im down for some carbon fiber parts! Fairings perhaps Any pictures of finished product yet? Will be waiting
            Last edited by scarface; 10-24-2010, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Carbon front fender

I saw a carbon fiber front fender for the pre I think it was on ebay tho.Looked pretty nice I think they wanted like three bills for it tho! could be mistaken little pricey.

Comment

• Chris don't make me ride over there to get you back to work. Cause I'll do it, but seriously if you need any help I have all day Friday off.
                Originally posted by chrisgreer23
                Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
                2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
                1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
                2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
                1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

• Ok, I started the molding process. The red stuff is tooling gel. Smells like Testers modeling glue, Like the stuff you use on models when you were a kid. Apparently the stuff is toxic or at least harmful so I used a respirator (as you can see). Only problem with the fumes is that I decided to do it in the kitchen of my home and with no windows open....kinda stunk up the house. NE ways. the mold is a quarter done. Just have to do the other three sides of the chain guard, let them all set, add bond to the inside and pop off the guard from the mold. Simple right?

-Unholy m-
                  sigpic

Comment

• Oh yes this is awesome. I love in progress pics, its looking good to me.
                    1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold

Comment

• That stuff really stunk up the house. I used a Yankee candle and Fabreez to get rid of it. Then the ac would kick on and the house would stink again. Guess it got on the filter -_-
                      -Unholy m-
                      sigpic

Comment

• Ya i remember when i was working with fiberglass how badly the resin smelled. Open up the windows and get some box fans up in there lol. Really loving the progress.
                        1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold

Comment

• Dropkick Murphys - Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya

This project is temporarily sidelined for want of free time to do it. I'm attending a military leadership course at the moment and have ZERO free time. For those in the Air Force, it's the Airman Leadership School. Heres to Staff Sergeant come 9 Dec!!

I did however find somewhere to work on the project once I do have time. It's one of the abandon apartments in my building.
                          -Unholy m-
                          sigpic

Comment

• this is awesome! I'd love a CF seat cowl. I plan on putting carbon fiber vinyl graphics on my bike.
                            sigpic
                            http://eternal-mc.com
                            http://eternalmc.freeforums.org

Comment

• I can't stand the vinyl. Go real or go the ef home!
                              -Unholy m-
                              sigpic

Comment

• Welcome to the NCO tier... You are now "them"... you know what i am talking about... We were all airman once!
                                -Noe-
                                2000 Katana 750

Comment

Working...
                                X