No announcement yet.
X

Carbon fiber for the masses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can also use a nickle to tare it out. It weighs 5 grams, it just needs to be an accurate reading. I am loving the look of this, getting a little bit giggity right now.
    Originally posted by chrisgreer23
    Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
    2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
    1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
    2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
    1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
      You can also use a nickle to tare it out. It weighs 5 grams, it just needs to be an accurate reading. I am loving the look of this, getting a little bit giggity right now.
      You sure of the weight?? It asks for 500g tho. Or is it saying .500g?

Amazing deals on this 1000 Gram Digital Scale at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Last edited by chrisgreer23; 10-15-2010, 07:19 PM.
      I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
      -Unholy m-
      Current project: Un-Katchable
      sigpic

Comment

I ordered one from Amazon for $10. Only AFTER searching for stuff around the house for something weighing 500g.
        I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
        -Unholy m-
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgreer23 View Post
          I ordered one from Amazon for $10. Only AFTER searching for stuff around the house for something weighing 500g.
          500 1-dollar bills
          500 pushpins
          500mL of water
          500 large paperclips

or.....whip out some aspirin or tylenol. Whatever it says on the bottle for dosage, just use that appropriate number of pills on your scale after doing the math. i.e. a 200mg dosage of tylenol means that 5 tylenol=1 gram. Multiply that by 500 (or 2500 tylenol), and you have your 500grams plus or minus 5%. It works out much easier and the error is much less if you can find 1000mg tablets of something, like vitamin C....then you only need 500 of them.

btw, 500g is about 17.6 ounces....in case you have a kitchen scale that does ounces. (500g=1.10 pounds) (17.6 ounces = 500g).
          -
          -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

I have a kitchen scale but it's not acurate enough for my work here so I had to order the gram scale
            -Unholy m-
            sigpic

Comment

Umm the pill thing won't work. That is the dosage of active ingredients there is more stuff in the pill to hold it together. I weighed a 200 mg ibuprofen and it weighed 400 mg. But a dollar bill does weigh 1 gram lol

Comment

I would be interested in a hugger, undertail and front fender (maybe like the SV style)
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I want all post fairings in carbon fiber. for some reason I think i got .
                  wrecked em hell, damn near killed em.

Comment

what would be the possibility of doing a cf sleeve for the yosh rs3. It's an easy oval cylinder...my only concern would be heat resistance
                    Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                    '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

• Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                      I would be interested in a hugger, undertail and front fender (maybe like the SV style)
                      Me too - definitely hugger and undertail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waltari
                        You know you can buy replacement carbon RS3 sleeves from Yoshimura R&D USA or there is someone that sells them regularly on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motor...item35ad249c19

Yeah, but they are waaaay expensive. Atleast the ebay sleeve is half of what Yoshimura wants. I would bet that our friend here could produce it cheaper though.
                        Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                        '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

• any pics yet?!?! I would go for a undertail and hugger also.
                          2006 Suzuki GSX600 Katana - 5k miles, shaved tail, gps cradle and hardwired, LED turn signals

Previous Bikes: 1992 Kawasaki Ninja ZX600C - SOLD

Comment

• I got the 500g weight in today about an hour before I had to go to work. So ya'll be patient now.
                            -Unholy m-
                            sigpic

Comment

• you stringing us along?
                              Tejasandre

Comment

• Whos to say
                                -Unholy m-
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X