X

Repair foam seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair foam seat

Is there an easy way to fill some missing foam chunks?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

yeah just cut chunks to fit
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

put a piece of paper over the areas missing foam trace the outline on to the paper and cut it out. Buy new foam and trace the cut out pieces of paper onto the new foam and cut those out. You should end up with almost exact matching pieces to glue into the place of the missing piece. I would make the pieces a little bigger than the whole and trim them to size as you go so you don't end up with smaller pieces and gaps around the edges.
      Do you know why Santa is so jolly.... Because he knows where all the naughty girls live..

Comment

what type of foam do i use/where can i get it?

thanks!

Comment

I would just shave the foam, and get a piece of memory foam or mattress foam... glue it on, and then re shape.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
            I would just shave the foam, and get a piece of memory foam or mattress foam... glue it on, and then re shape.
            if you have problem finding memory foam consider pillows made of it.
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

You can get foam from Joann's or Micheal's just ask for cushion foam and you also can get vinyl/leather/suede whatever at the same time.
              sigpic
              97 kat 600

O' yeah that's custom paint!

Comment

Working...
              X