X

Need new body fairings!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new body fairings!

I have a 1991 Suzuki Katana 600 and I recently let my brother try to learn on my bike. When he was coming back down my street he gave it too much throttle and crashed. He was fine, but I need new upper and lower fairings on the left side. Does anybody know the best or the cheapest place to look for new or used fairings? Thanks in advance for the help!

Not sure how much you planned to spend, but heres everything I can find in one site.

Comment

Originally posted by jonesjul736 View Post
      I have a 1991 Suzuki Katana 600 and I recently let my brother try to learn on my bike. When he was coming back down my street he gave it too much throttle and crashed. He was fine, but I need new upper and lower fairings on the left side. Does anybody know the best or the cheapest place to look for new or used fairings? Thanks in advance for the help!

Much easier and cheaper to lean to repair the fairings...

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

a) Airtech is good....but they're fiberglass rather than ABS..... and I did get a new front fender from them for the Yammi. Fiberglass chips easily.....and I have a winter project with my original.
        b) Krey is spot on....... they CAN be repaired
        c) WTF were you thinking letting your brother train on your bike???????
        d) Treat your bike like you would treat your wife/gf. Would you like anyone other than yourself to ride them?
        e) I hope you get your bike up to snuff again.
        nuff said
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Thanks for the input. I think I will look into repairing the fairings. And once I get it fixed I wont let anyone ride it again!

Comment

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I could sell you mine, i layed my bike down a while back on the right side...so the left side is fine. I have a '96 Katana 600, the farings should be the same.
              sigpic
              1996 GSX-F 600
              2000 GSX-R 750

Comment

91 and 96 are the same

Comment

yeah it would alot cheaper to repair them. and if you buy a new pne youlll have to repaint anyways
                  time to nut up or shut up
                  Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
                  The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                  X