• Gixxer tail conversion anyone?? :)

Mwahahahahhahahha

--2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
    --'91 Katana 600/'04 Gixxer 600 Hybrid

Tail looks great!!!
    But what hapened to the front fairing!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Hey nicely done Hawk.. Looks schweet !!!! is that a Kat?

Comment

maybe we outta change your title to Hybrid

Comment

Looks good. Now ya gotta clean up and smooth out that subframe a bit and it would look even better.

Wow, when you open up the back a bit like that it kinda makes your rear tire look like a big army jeep tire.

Comment

So did you decide how you're going to attach it?

Comment

would love some more detailed pics of the process and attachement pics. looks dahm mean, love it.

i think 98+ rims/tires front and back (at least a lower profile tire up front) would round out that part of it, i forgot how much mine changed its look when i did that.

What are you plans for it now?

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
                You know if you made some mid pipes to get the exhaust
                to follow the subframe bars... that would solve the subframe issue and look wild..

Bold Mod.. Good on ya..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                  Originally posted by Waltari
                  You know if you made some mid pipes to get the exhaust
                  to follow the subframe bars... that would solve the subframe issue and look wild..

Bold Mod.. Good on ya..
                  Hey, thats a pretty good idea!
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

you just want someone to try you dual exhaust idea don't you BP

it would look wild, but it would go over the footpegs for the passenger.... don't know if the rear cowl is easily removable or if passangers are ever in his plans but it would be something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerc

it would look wild, but it would go over the footpegs for the passenger.... don't know if the rear cowl is easily removable or if passangers are ever in his plans but it would be something to think about.
                      Exactly...the cowl is removable (cleverly using the stock '91 latching mechanism ) and I'm getting a rear seat for it now. I do a lot of two up riding, which largely influenced my decision of keeping the lower subframe supports intact...I didn't want some girl sitting on the back to shear the tail section off when I went over a bump or something 8) Just an FYI, although it may look a bit precarious the subframe is acutually incedibly strong seeing as how it's welded to the frame in no less than 8 points. I picked up the back end of the bike by the back of the subframe with no issues whatsoever. And if I was going to do something crazy with the exhaust, it would have been an underseat setup but it would have meant having no space for the cargo area under the second seat position so I opted to leave it alone.

I didn't really take any pics when I was doing it, this was a quick one with the entire project taking only six days from start to finish. I will, however, take some pics the next time I have the tail fairing off becuase it's pretty self explanatory when you see the framework I built.

As far as plans it now, I really don't know. I'm gonna rock it like a streetfighter for a while but I still have the '04 Gixxer front and side fairings. I may put them back on in a little while. I'm definely going to mod or relpace the swingarm...my roomate is trying to talk me into letting him cut it up and widen it and put one of his busa's old stock rims on it lol. Then next thing, though, will probably be an 1127 swap. After that I'm going to take a good hard look at the front end and see if it's worth rebuilding or if I should just swap that out too. My roomate is big into drag racing and happens to be the local suzuki shop service manager and his best friend runs the biggest speed shop in town so I'm going to take full advantage of the parts hook up

Originally posted by WildKat
                      is that a Kat?
                      I get that a lot at bike night along with some very confused looks I love it.
                      --2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
                      --'91 Katana 600/'04 Gixxer 600 Hybrid

Comment

Working...
                      X