neons anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEDs

Originally posted by Dagger969
    I think i got 100 for 16 bucks off of ebay. You can also get them real cheap from www.besthongkong.com. The shipping takes a little bit, but I can vouch for the product. It was 100 leds and resistors to run them on a 12 volt source for just over 16$ i think.
    YUP, THE HONG KONG PLACE IS GOOD , ONLY IF YOU DONT MIND WAITING ABOUT 3-4 WEEKS FOR EM 2 B SHIPPED. ALSO BE URE TO BUY THEM ALRADY WITH THE RESISTOR ATTACHED, AND READY 2 MOUNT, AS THEY ARE JUST SO TEDIOUS TO DO A PROFESS JOB...
    (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

I've got neons.....And yes, the draw is very little, but that hasn't stopped me from killing two batteries to the point of 0-charge whatsoever in just a couple years. Batteries aint cheap, either. :P

My system is all wireless remote activated - there was one neon in the front, one on each side (hidden between the mesh), and one under the tail, as well as a neon blue license plate frame.

This season I'm in the process of changing it. Replacing the neon tubes will be 8 little arrays of 5 LEDS each. Each little circular 'array' 5 different colored LED's in it, yet the outcome color is mostly still a purple-blue.

Front view:

Side view:

Daylight:

FrankenKat 1216
      GS Fiter 816
      GSXR750! (race)

Comment

As cheesy as it seems, I bought two of those "LED washer nozzle" kits. They are great because the wire passes through the mounting bolt, and they are very resistant to water, oil, etc. I got the kind that you can select one of 7 colors, and put the two modules (one for each pair) under my seat. Two are up in the rear wheel well out of sight, and two are tucked under the headlight shining down on the forks. Total cost for both was 24 bucks AND I can change the color... AWWW YEEAAHHH - I got mine at pep boys, but I've seen similar at autozone.
        '01 TL1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mystahagy
          As cheesy as it seems, I bought two of those "LED washer nozzle" kits. They are great because the wire passes through the mounting bolt, and they are very resistant to water, oil, etc. I got the kind that you can select one of 7 colors, and put the two modules (one for each pair) under my seat. Two are up in the rear wheel well out of sight, and two are tucked under the headlight shining down on the forks. Total cost for both was 24 bucks AND I can change the color... AWWW YEEAAHHH - I got mine at pep boys, but I've seen similar at autozone.
          And how bright are they???
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

If you're doing lighting mods on your bike...
            Maybe look at some computer case-mod stuff like Sunbeam leds/neons/cold cathode/light strips?
            Dirt cheap, nearly impossible to kill, meant to run off 12V DC current
            High availability everwhere in the world afaik, huge range of sizes/configurations, colours(even UV) and they'll be able to light up your bike like a Disneyland electric parade float
            -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

im gona be hooking mine up tommrow. what size inline fuse should i use?

Comment

my friend with the stereo shop told me about these. he says you only get 4 led's, but you can upgrade to 8. he said that 4 would still be bright. hope that helps. as soon as he gets his display stuff in, i'm gonna check it out myself.

www.vwvortex.com
                I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
                Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

I bought mine from euroeffects.. those who have seen them like them .. it is a set of 6 6" led tubes with 12 leds in each . 4 of each color. they light it up pretty good and it is remote controlled. right now the prices of the leds are pretty high but I normally get a coupon once in a while that i can share to get them 50% off. I did add a kill switch to my lights so that when i am not riding at night or i have it parked for an extended period or time I can turn the system completely off so there is no drain on the battery. I put two up front. one in each side fo the fairing and 2 in the rear. Special K, md86 have seen them thus far not in good light but did see them... Some people think they are squiddly but my wife and I like them and that is all that matters. I would have went with a single color led but i coul dnot make up my mind what color woud look best with yellow. So i chose the million color kit. Most of the time i stay with the orange,red/or green leds.. i love the green ones really bright and looks sick.
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                    Originally posted by mystahagy
                    And how bright are they???
                    They are suprisingly bright, almost the same output as some 6" neon tubes I used to have on there. At night they light the ground around the bike also. After I finish polishing the tank, painting the bike, and getting it back together, I'll get some pics up of the lights.
                    '01 TL1000R

Comment

there is a sight called elcheapo wire . com check them out there neon is very good and there made for sport bikes . i have them on my bike and they are cool . and the price is what you will like . 15 or 20 bucks for the kit . look them up . if you cant find them let me know and i will look up the sale reciped and let you know

Comment

I like all the different things you can do with LED!!
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

The neons definatley look sick noob, nicely done!

Comment

Working...
                          X